Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 09-19-2005, 02:19 AM   #1
Golden Master

Default F.e.a.r demo experience

I know some of you have this demo already, but I just recently installed the demo myself and I have to tell you that this game freaks me out. I thought Doom 3 was scary, this one's off the chart suspenseful. This character that I am playing (me) has some pretty real actions. His breathing gets faster when that spooky girl shows off down the hallway while I'm in a dark room with a flashlight on my helmet. What a way to blow my cover.

No way I'm waiting for her to jump in front of me and tear me to shreds. I ended the game right away. Call me chicken. But the graphics is amazing. The shadows is very precise to your movements and smooth overall graphics. Great sound effects too. The movie in the beginning was very good. That was probably the climax of the game for me. If you like FPS mixed with suspense combined with mystery, this is the game for you. I'll stick with "non-paranormal" games when it comes to FPS. I got cheats for Doom 3 now so let them eat me all they want. Infinite armor and weapons. Haha, all you hell-spawned freaks of nature. Do your worse!!!

The 6600GT card is truly a performer and for those who are drooling over a 7800GTX and can't afford it, get a 6600GT or 6800GT and you'll get excellent results. Equipped with the Athlon 64, you've got a pretty good gaming machine.

Old 09-19-2005, 02:25 AM   #2
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to alvino
Default Re: F.e.a.r

Yeah, I love using the Particle Cannon and the 10mm HV Penetrator.

alvino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 02:34 AM   #3
Golden Master

How far have you got into the demo?
Old 09-19-2005, 02:43 AM   #4
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to alvino

I beat it already. It's really fun and the ending is kinda creepy.
alvino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 02:56 AM   #5
In Runtime

this game is doom 3 w/o the monsters
1gb geil ram, Nvidia 6600GT AGP 8x, AMD Athlon xp-mobile 2400+, ASUS A7N8X-X, seagate 80gb 7200rpm HDD, Toshiba DVD/CD ROM/Burner, Liteon DVD-ROMl, Volcano12 cooling fan, Logitech X-530 speakers, sound blaster live 5.1 , ViewSonic 17" 8ms LCD monitor, Logitech Keyboard/Mouse, zalman VF-700Cu VGA fan.
towly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 03:00 AM   #6
Golden Master

Instead, you got that spooky psycho guy who eats flesh and that little girl who tears you up with a single thought.

So would you say the games pretty scary? I manage to get out of the car in the beginning and climb down the stairs to a sublevel. That's where I saw that damned little girl for the first time. Then, I quit. I would say I played for a good minute.
Old 09-19-2005, 08:21 AM   #7
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to mammikoura

yeah ur a coward

That ain't even the scariest part in the demo.

I must say that definately better than doom3. Everything is better.

I played through the demo about 5 times. Once with easy just to adjust the graphics while playing. Then with hard coz I just couldn't stop. And then coz hard was quite easy I played it through once with the hardest. Then a few days later again with the hardest. And then didn't play for a while but then my friend came over and wanter to play. Well he couldn't even play it through with the medium difficulty and didn't believe me when I said that I can play through it without dying even once with the hardest mode. So then I showed him. And after that I haven't touched the game.

But yes its awesome, prolly the best game of the year.
mammikoura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 08:23 AM   #8
Golden Master

Now looks for the demo
lhuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 09:57 AM   #9
Golden Master

Ok i got a result:

First, a Geforce 5200 is laggy on it
I obtained BSOd b/c of a comp not handeling very well...you need an exessive performance comp to play it
lhuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 10:05 AM   #10
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to mammikoura

ofcourse a card as ancient as the fx5200 cant run it well.

But I can play it somehow with my fx5700 and 512 ram. I have quite a few options at the maximum, just make sure that fsaa and dynamic lights etc are off.

mammikoura is offline   Reply With Quote