Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 06-18-2006, 09:07 AM   #11
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to Slayer Send a message via MSN to Slayer Send a message via Yahoo to Slayer
Default Re: Ever met someone from the internet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by joxley1990
Oh yeah, sorry, got confused because nasha posted before hand, I did actually edit my post, because I did put mark first..sorry about that.

I've started getting into rock, into Trivium at the moment.
No worries mate.

And yeah, Trivium are a good band to get into. If you ever want to get more into the whole "metal" side of things I'm sure I can give a helping hand.

Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 09:27 AM   #12
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to joxley1990 Send a message via MSN to joxley1990

Added you on AIM, speak to you later.

joxley1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 09:31 AM   #13
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to mark thorpe Send a message via Yahoo to mark thorpe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayer
99nasha and Slayer? You mean Mark T?

But yes, it was awesome. A weekend (well, 4 and half days) of alcohol fuelled fun, the best band in the world as the secret act, great music, great people, great weather and an unbeatable atmosphere. Quite probably the best weekend of my life.
yes, it was awsome missed down though gonna have to make sure i see them next year... the people and atmosphere there is incredible.. yes, i would have to agree, it was one of the best weekends of my life.. slayer is a great guy, and i hope to meet up with him again next year! and hippy too, hes cool lol

Winston Churchill, 11/30/1874 - 01/24/1965
mark thorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 09:35 AM   #14
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to Slayer Send a message via MSN to Slayer Send a message via Yahoo to Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark thorpe
yes, it was awsome missed down though gonna have to make sure i see them next year... the people and atmosphere there is incredible.. yes, i would have to agree, it was one of the best weekends of my life.. slayer is a great guy, and i hope to meet up with him again next year! and hippy too, hes cool lol
As long as you bring more beer and don't drink it all by yourself then I'm not complaining. J/K mate. Nah, was a great weekend, better than '04 and '05 by miles. Same time next year me thinks?

Joxley - Nice one, I should be on AIM later tonight. =)
Old 06-18-2006, 09:44 AM   #15
Golden Master

haha, i have no idea how much i drank that night, it was there for people to share with me though.. you were drinking your carlsbergs..... and disappearing in the tent with vix that night haha..
yep, same time next year sounds good tho next year im gonna try to get my tent a lil nearer to yours... red campsite was miles away from you! lol

Old 06-18-2006, 10:48 AM   #16
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to -Paul- Send a message via MSN to -Paul-

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ-CHRIS
Just a poll because I am curious about this. The internet is a great social place and alot of us spend too much time here.

So has anyone actually met an internet friend or dated someone that you talked to from the internet?

My answer is yes, I have went to a forum meet when I was around 15 or so. I have also met three invididual guys from the net. I also have my collection of stalkers that have seen me out and around, but I do not know them and later find out I was being watched.
I guess you could say me and Linux Guru are friends.
-Paul- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 11:54 AM   #17
Golden Master

I've never met anyone off the web.
LA061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 03:45 PM   #18
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark thorpe
haha, i have no idea how much i drank that night, it was there for people to share with me though.. you were drinking your carlsbergs..... and disappearing in the tent with vix that night haha..
yep, same time next year sounds good tho next year im gonna try to get my tent a lil nearer to yours... red campsite was miles away from you! lol
I remember giving you one or two Carlsbergs, and I think you pretty much finished off your whole crate of Carling. Among other things, I think you were pretty trashed that night, or so I heard myself and from others. Even the security guard had a chuckle about you the next morning apparently. Good times. Just make sure you get there on Thursday mate and you won't have to travel so far to get a camping spot. And on "that" subject Mark, subtlety isn't really your forte is it?
Old 06-18-2006, 06:39 PM   #19
Golden Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayer
I remember giving you one or two Carlsbergs, and I think you pretty much finished off your whole crate of Carling. Among other things, I think you were pretty trashed that night, or so I heard myself and from others. Even the security guard had a chuckle about you the next morning apparently. Good times. Just make sure you get there on Thursday mate and you won't have to travel so far to get a camping spot. And on "that" subject Mark, subtlety isn't really your forte is it?
haha sorry mate, half asleep... i gave a few carlsbergs out, and sold a few on the way back to the tent, but yes, i was trashed that night, dont really rember much about it.. hehe, i wouldnt be suprised if he did have a chuckle about it.. from what youve told me, standing wasnt one of my strongpoints that night..
yep, next year ill get down there on thursday. haha, sorry about that mate lol

Old 06-18-2006, 06:43 PM   #20
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to ArrizX

Right now the closest person to me is luckyduck. Only because she just fley to cali. Im not sure who actually lives the closest to Placerville Cali.

Either way I couldnt meet anyone, and to answer the question, no I never have. Well, thats not true. I met my old girlfriend at someones house, and kept her email, and with that her myspace. And then I got to talking to her friends and stuff, and I came over again, and I met a bunch of her friends that I talked with on the internet. And ill meet another one of her friends during the Bball tourament this summer. Cant wait..

()_) ()_)--o-)_)
ArrizX is offline   Reply With Quote