Episode 3

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/20050524/en_nm/leisure_starwars_politics_dc_4

"Star Wars" creator George Lucas has insisted that his themes of corrupted democracy and the rise of a fear-mongering tyrant were outlined decades ago, informed by Watergate and the Vietnam era, as well as Hitler's rise to power, rather than today's politics.

----

He said this himself.. but... people still insist they tie to Bush.

Lets not go into the reasons for Iraq. That's a different topic. Lets just say I think the WMD reason was justified because Saddam kicked out inspectors in 1998... he made the world confused.

meh, they werent there, and there wasnt a 45 minuite threat... i agree that we needed to go into iraq, and that it wouldnt have happed without the cooperation between the british and americain troops, but it was done for the wrong reasons... it should have been for humanitarium (too late to spell...) issues, not terrorism issues, because the WMD threat wasnt there... there is absolutley no evidence for WMD's in iraq, and the security documents were 'sexed up'...

anyway, thats a completley different topic... and its just my view that they went in for the wrong reasons...

but yeah... i dont see what it has to do with bush still... suppose ill understand it more when i watch it... hopefully ill be able to see it in the next couple of weeks...

That's not entirely the whole story. We needed to go in at all costs. Additionally, if Saddam didn't have any why did he put such a shroud of uncertainity over the question? That's what I'm pointing at and that's a point that is starting to come up. The WMD threat was in development I believe. Somewith $22 billion in person assets has that ability. The war was totally justified under that reason.

That's my view. It was right for that reason.

But I'll move on.

yeah, lets just move on... the threat wasnt as serious as they made it out to be... and it was prooven... but im gonna stop there...

anyway, back to the movie... anyone else seen it?

Back
Top Bottom