Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Join Computer forums Today

Old 08-20-2009, 01:13 PM   #21
Golden Master
Default Re: Engagement ring question!?

I'd be interested to know how you make 72k a year at age 16..
He's probably lying. If not, FUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!

AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE @ 4.0GHz + TU120E lapped - MSI 770-CD45 AM3 - 2x2GB OCZ DDR3 1333MHz - Sapphire HD 4870 - Samsung Spinpoint 500GB 7200RPM 16MB cache HDD - Tagan TG600-BZ Piperock - (Currently open test bed) - Windows Vista Home Premium 64bit.
worshipme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 02:05 PM   #22
Golden Master
Send a message via AIM to Rubber314Chicken

Originally Posted by bullzi View Post
I'd be interested to know how you make 72k a year at age 16..

As the other guys have said, she says its ok, what she really means is "if you cheap out on me, I'll be pissed". Get her a good ring.
I'm not. Its that I don't plan on getting married until I'm out of college. So by then I'll be making about that a year. Give or take a little.

AMD Athlon 64X2 4200+, 2 GB ram, 2 TB HDD, Ubuntu+SAMBA ♫ Lenovo T410, i5@ 2.4 GHz, 4 GB ram, 7
Rubber314Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 08:45 AM   #23
Site Team

Guys, if he has talked to her and it thinking about an engagement rind then I'm sure he knows her a lot better than us. If he and she both think that a "cheap" ring is the way to go, then let them do it.

I doubt there are engagement ring sweepstakes. Espescially right now. Jewelry prices have gone through the roof lately.

I like the idea of a pawn shop. Also Cubric Zercomium (or however you spell it) is an option.

Talk to her Mom or Grandma or your Mom or Grandma and see if they have an old diamond ring you could give her or have set in another ring. This way you don't have to buy the diamond. My wife's mom got a new wedding ring for her 25th Wedding Aniversery and I used her old ring as a 'promise ring' for my wife (this is when we were still dating). It meant alot more since it was her Mom's and now it is hers. She still actually wears it everyday.

Don't take life too seriously -- no one gets out alive. Plus, who wants to arrive to the hereafter in pristine condition wearing a suit and tie?
I want to slide in sideways, worn out, used up, hair a mess, clothes tattered, & screaming, "Whooo! What a ride!"
jmacavali is offline   Reply With Quote