Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Join Computer forums Today

Old 06-28-2010, 11:42 AM   #1
Fully Optimized
Send a message via AIM to FlightSimBoy
Default End of a legacy in my state

Senator Robert C. Byrd, the longest serving US senator, died today at 3 this morning.

Though I won't say he was the best senator, I will say he wasn't bad either. As far as senators go, he was a better one out of the bunch.

I'm anxious to see who we get next. Byrd had 2 and a half years left in his seat.. Meaning whoever the governor of this state appoints, we're stuck with for those remaining years.

Local news article: http://www.wsaz.com/news/headlines/97290559.html

Update: Our Governor decided that it wasn't appropriate to appoint someone to the position, so he is holding a special election session.

My Computer: eMachines T5226 - Intel Pentium D Dual Core @ 3 GHz - Diamond Viper Radeon HD3870 OC Edition with 1 GB GDDR3 VRAM - 4 GB PQi Turbo DDR2-533 RAM - Corsair 650W PSU with 52A on single rail - TSSTcorp DVD-DL+-RW combo drive - Lite-on 52x CD-RW burner - Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi XtremeGamer - Logitech z5300e speakers - WinFast TV Tuner - Vista Ultimate 64-Bit. eBay name: Flightsimboy304
FlightSimBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 01:05 PM   #2
In Runtime
Send a message via AIM to Rakuma
Default Re: End of a legacy in my state

Yeah I just got done listening to a replay of an interview with him on NPR and the man sounded like someone who was a truly great man. Sounded like someone that made choices and stuck to them and if he was wrong down the line he was man enough to man up and admit that he was wrong.

Its always sad to see someone with convictions who could clearly define them and defend them go.
Rakuma is offline   Reply With Quote