Emergency with a warranted person?

shagadelicman1

In Runtime
A friend of mine has a warrant for a speeding ticket...yes i know its stupid, but she was abused recently and wants to call the cops but is afraid of her going to jail as well. I know the easiest thing to do is just to pay off the ticket. but thats besides the point...are there any agencys that will protect the victim even tho they have a warrant?

pay the ticket and face the music. What's the point of avioding it. It will catch up with her in the end and the longer it is the worse it will be.

There is no way of getting round this , even if she goes to a charity that supports abuse victims they may get the police involved depending on the charity and severity of the case , even if not most advice people will tell her to inform the police anyway so best thing to do is to just go to the police station and explain the full situation , just because she has a warrent out for her dosent mean the police wont be willing to help her with her abuse

Lownsey pretty much summed it up. If you have a warrant and get the Police Involved, The Warrant WILL be dealt with.

They have exceeded their "Grace" period, By putting not paying it off. Within THAT period, She could call the cops and not worry about the ticket, But since they let it get to this point.....

charities will not call the police,
they have no reason to call the police, and practically ALL charities and advice drop in cenres work on the strict principals of annonymity.

so. in that way your friend can get councelling for their abuse without facing charges.

However. as far as getting justice...
you can't both run from and too the law.
pay the ticket, face the peanalty, and then seek their leagal help in the case of the abuse/abuser.

Back
Top Bottom