Embarrassing performance in Counter Strike video!

Hmm you know I actually never thought of that, are you saying that online play would run smoother than bots offline?? I would have thought online play would make it horrible. I'm not sure if I can find the original box and that though, it's pretty old, I bet it mighta been thrown out but I have both CDs and the CD key on the case, what would it take to be able to play online?

I've always been a console noob, mainly PS2 now my brother's X360 but I know you just can't beat an expensive PC but until sometime next year, I'm stuck with this setup, I have good broadband though, SpeedTest concluded my ping is 51, will that be alright for CS?

www.steampowered.com download steam, make an account, go to activate with cd-key, punch that key in, and you should be good to go.

...the bots are being processed in real time on YOUR processor.. all the movements they make, EVERYTHING they do, is decided by the AI being powered by your processor.. even on my PC in CS Source I get terrible frame rates with too many bots.

When your playing online, all your doing is transferring data between you and a server. (Player movement updates, etc), so as you can imagine, thats a hell of a lot less overhead on your CPU.
Even if you joined a server with nothing but bots in it, it would run better. In that situation, the bots are processed by the server instead.

That video, framerate-wise, was comparable to my 300mhz PC with CS 1.6.

It was only last year that I got my PC. What a happy time that was. But yeah, play it online instead of offlline and your frame rates should be reasonable.

yeah surprisingly it runs so much better on my brother's profile even though it's the same computer and only mine is designated admin, probably cause he has less processes but I can't see why, graphics are a bit better too actually.

Thanks for the link 1+. Didn't take long to activate it and download it, graphics were ordinary but I can't complain while on this old thing haha about to go to a gaming cafe to play CS online. Fraps did make the game lag a hell of alot more though, makes it look horrible in the video, but thanks.

fraps is really demanding of your hardware.. so yeah heh. The models on the Steam version of condition zero is much better than retail's.

Back
Top Bottom