Email scam?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRDCorolla1

Golden Master
What kind of email is this? Is this true? I personally don't think so. I've been getting these type of email at least once a month. Any of you guys get this too? Apparently, I'm suppose to inherit like a million dollars :rolleyes:

TRDCorolla said:
Reply-To : raymondwlee011@yahoo.com.hk
Sent : Tuesday, November 28, 2006 10:14 PM
Subject : Reply

Bank of China, Hong Kong
Email:raymondwlee011@yahoo.com.hk

I am Mr. Lee Raymond Wing Hung, Chief Financial Officer, Bank of China, Tower Branch, 1 Garden Road Hong Kong. I have an obscured business proposal for you. Before the U.S and Iraqi war, our client Aajel Jjber Hassef a Merchant made a numbered fixed deposit valued at Twenty Four million Five Hundred Thousand United State Dollars, for 18 calendar months, in my branch. Upon maturity several notices were sent to him, even during the war which began in 2003. Again, after the war another notification was sent, but still no response came from him. We later found out that my client, his wife and two sons had been killed during the war;

http://www.iraqbodycount.net/names.htm

After further investigation, it was also discovered that Aajel Jjber Hassef did not declare any next of kin in his official papers, including the paperwork of his bank deposit. He also confided, in me the last time he was at my office that no one except me knew of his deposit in my bank. So Twenty million Five Hundred Thousand United State Dollars is still lying in my bank and no one will ever come forward to claim it. What bothers me most is that according to the laws of my country, at the expiration of 3 years and 6 months the funds will revert to the ownership of the Hong Kong Government, if nobody applies to claim it. Against this backdrop, I will like you, as a foreigner, to stand as next of kin to Aajel Jjber Hassef, so that we can receive his funds.

WHAT IS TO BE DONE:

I want you to know that there is no risk involved. I have had everything planned out so that we shall come out successful. I have contacted an attorney who will prepare the necessary document that will back you up as the next of kin to Aajel Jjber Hassef. All that is required from you, at this stage is for you to provide me with your Full Names, private phone/fax and current residential address, so that the attorney can commence his job. After you have been made the next of kin, the attorney will also file for claims on your behalf and secure the necessary approval and letter of probate in your favour for the move of the funds to an account that will be provided by you. Please endeavour to observe utmost discretion in all matters concerning this issue. Should you be interested I shall provide you with more details on this operation. You can reach me with the email below.

raymondwlee011@yahoo.com.hk

Your earliest response to this letter will be appreciated.

Kind Regards,
Lee Raymond Wing Hung.

Haha, it's basically the Nigerian Bank Scam but with Chinese. :p They ask for your private information because you can get someone's moolah and they rob you blind. Something like that.

Funny thing is, it also managed to get filtered into my university email account too!!! I wonder if anyone gullible ever attempted this? Man, this is almost as bad as eBay/PayPal scams where they say your account is being updated.

lol
now think about it, if you would be a chief financial officer of the bank of China would you use yahoo email when sending emails to the clients? Almost all companies, even those who have like 2 people working have their own email address, like firstname.lastname@companyname.com. But the bank of China uses yahoo?

then an iraqi dude using a bank from China... I think that doesn't happen all the time..

and the best thing, god this makes me laugh.
"one except me knew of his deposit in my bank"
so I guess they don't keep any records of who put money in their bank? That would be so funny, some millionare would go and deposit 2 million dollars, then the next day he wants to get some of it back and the bank dude just tells him that he has never deposited anything to that bank. No proof of the deposit, no money for the (ex)millionare. :D
And now if what he said was true, no one else knew, how can the Hong Kong government take the money if they don't know it's there. And surely, if no one else knew about it he wouldn't send the money to some random dude in america, he would keep it for himself.

seriously, I don't believe that someone would be so stupid to send his info to this guy.

Some member has asked this before, avoid these like the plague!!!
nono.gif

They nearly always want money, "to pay for the the release of the bonds/cash", then they say that on receipt of your money, they will send you a percentage of the money, typically thousands of dollars/pounds, whatever, of course, they don't, I used to get them all the time, I don't now, they appear to target areas round the world, staying longer if the find gullible people, don't even reply saying no, your email address will be retained, & they will be back!

Don't ever EVER give out your personal bank information through email....plain and simple. Whenever you get these kinds of emails, just delete them.

Hi Babysitter,
I am RhodaI'm a film producer/co-ordinator.I am from spain but currently in Africa, Nigeria on a film project.I will be coming to the states soon on work related matters with my 4years old daughter Name Lisa. I need a babysitter. She is a good Girl and normally stay with his father in the United Kingdom when im on work travels.Her father is business man this season and my daughter has signified great interest in visiting the US with me. I believe you will like him cos she is very lively, friendly,intelligent and understands English.I intend to stay in the US for 2 months. During this period she would remain with someone(babysitter) from 9am to 4pm when im off set(work)I come pick him up.Let me know if you are interested and dont fail to commicate to me what your charges are for the duration at which you would be babysitting her.
Hope to read from you.
Have a blessed
Reply to single_cutie_994@yahoo.com

Now that one is orgnial :)

My company doesn't even make any money, and I got my own business e-mail!

I had one guy actually reply, said that "His business saved money going with yahoo" and i'm like yea what .99 a month?

Tommy Boy said:
Don't ever EVER give out your personal bank information through email....plain and simple. Whenever you get these kinds of emails, just delete them.
I thought for a second that you were warning this Raymond W Lee guy, the spammer!, yep, as I said in my post, never reply to any of these.

Nik00117 said:
Now that one is orgnial :)

My company doesn't even make any money, and I got my own business e-mail!

I had one guy actually reply, said that "His business saved money going with yahoo" and i'm like yea what .99 a month?
What do you say about this "single cutie" yahoo address then, that's also vulnerable isn't it?, so I'm asking why you reproduced it here Nik?? :confused:

What do you say about this "single cutie" yahoo address then, that's also vulnerable isn't it?, so I'm asking why you reproduced it here Nik??

I say its the single cuti yahoo address!

Second off I say you double posted

Third off I meant it for a laugh

Fourth off I know you don't think its funny, I didn't expect you to think it was funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom