Electric Motor

Well, i spose ill try the rectifier, and cross my fingers. Thank you vampist and have a good night.

+1

Not burnt a little melted on the plastic around the contact

Well, i spose ill try the rectifier, and cross my fingers. Thank you vampist and have a good night.

+1

Not burnt a little melted on the plastic around the contact

You're welcome.

Hmm. Well it would melt only if it was getting more current then the wire could handle. Which could burn out the rectifier. VOILA! I think you got it.

You did most of the work yourself :p

Ah i know but i like to be reassured that im correct because i feel dumb buying a bunch of parts and trying to find the one that solves the problem but thanks again

I would suggest having a look at the motor itself. It could have a bad/broken brush or a burnt winding that could keep it from running.

I would suggest having a look at the motor itself. It could have a bad/broken brush or a burnt winding that could keep it from running.

Just to go back to the origonal topic i too would also be taking a closer look at the motor seeing as if it was damaged inside it could be trying to draw too much current from the power source which would also burn out the fuses and potentially of caused the damage to the rectifier if what juice described is damage

Thread reopened to help Juice fix his lawn mower. Do not post in here unless you have a suggestion about the motor.

Back
Top Bottom