Economic Impact of illegal immigrants

My dad is one of the pioneers in virtual reality. He set up the virtual reality center at Embraer and led it to become one of the premier centers in the Americas, and elite in the world. He was hired by NIAR (at Wichita State University) to set up their virtual reality center, which he did by himself. He's won an award for outstanding technical presentation in the equivalent of an Oscar for the technical community. Maybe not quite an Oscar-like, but highly reputable. I mean...I feel awkward typing out his merits because he's humble about it, but he's an expert in his field really. Unfortunately, he never went on to Ph.D so he doesn't have a formal title.

now that's my idea of highly skilled...

you may have realised from my earlier post that speaking English is not my idea of highly skilled within the context of migrating to an English speaking country! -but to the border office they just get stacked in the same pile. highly skilled.

Damn, that is dumb. Gov't isn't always the best with efficiency, lol. At least you were still able to get it though.

Yes, by about a year.

since nobody knows the exact figures for illegal immigration, and illegal immigrants clearly aren't clogging up the system by submitting paper work, I'm just wondering how you get your figures for this. (or how anyone gets their figures for this).

Superman22

You should tell your roomate that he should honestly look back to his homeland. I was watching a special on TV that went into great detail on how Singapore is the place where they're recruiting major IT tallent, especially software engineers. Also, China is, and always will be on the cutting edge. Not to mention they have a different method of hiring there. Once your in, your job is usually secured for life. They'll allow you to keep up and learn new code and whatever technological training is necessary to compete in the marketplace.

Well, I think he would be able to find a job in Mechanical engineering, but it's not as good as one here. He said there, he would be making about equal to 10k US dollars, while here it would be more like 60k... And in China he says it's a lot more about just solid modeling, while here engineers are in all sorts of jobs.

Back
Top Bottom