Ebay-Make a Living

Ebay is one of my best friends. My dad makes around 10+ grand a month on ebay, it all goes right back into his store to keep it going.

If it wasnt for ebay, my dad would be out of business.

As for your little discussion about whether it is ethical or not, if person A is selling something and person B is buying something, person A would rather have the money than the product/service/whatever, and B would rather have the product than the money. Everybody wins.

Ebay is a dream come through for many and has helped many throughout the world establish small business which can grow. It has provided a lot of help for many. Micro-banking has allowed many in the developing world to buy computers and do business on Ebay.

clancey said:
Ebay is one of my best friends. My dad makes around 10+ grand a month on ebay, it all goes right back into his store to keep it going.

As for your little discussion about whether it is ethical or not, if person A is selling something and person B is buying something, person A would rather have the money than the product/service/whatever, and B would rather have the product than the money. Everybody wins.

Ebay should use that as a motto! youre brilliant, have you studied marketing???

rusbo.uk said:
Ebay should use that as a motto! youre brilliant, fo you stund marketing???

uh... cant quite figure that sentence out. If are you asking if I am studying marketing, i am not. Just simple reasoning, I may have heard this in my economics class but I don't remember.

edit. ok, edited your post, this is what you meant.

yes, that is what i was asking and you should try telling them to use the gaining thing!! you could make money!!!!

I don't think they would give me any money, they would say it is a simple law of economics or something.

It is amazing how much stuff you can find on ebay that dosen't exist. I used to look for paintball guns that were outright frauds (they would have components that aren't available for the marker etc...) and report them to ebay, oftentimes nothing happened.

clancey said:

If Person A is selling something and Person C wants something however, if Person A sells to Person C Person A gets more money or person C gets a cheaper price, or both. If Person B buys from Person A and sells to Person C Person A gets less money for it or Person C pays more for it, or again both. Only person B gets something from it, and he's doing nothing.

There's nothing wrong with selling things - the ethical problem comes when you buy things and raise prices to sell again - directing the original purchase to the person you've sold to without even taking delivery of the item.

LK, for the most part Ebay is legitimate, and is moreso people selling items they have. That's the fact.

Back
Top Bottom