Ebay

PCNoob2

Daemon Poster
Hi, I've never really bought anything off of Ebay and have a few questions.

The auction that I intend to bid on accepts money orders and that's what I plan on doing as my payment form. So if I win, will the seller send me his address and what I need to pay him to the email I use for ebay?

Or do I need to contact the seller and get his address and everything?

Thanks, guys, I REALLY want this thing.

Normally the seller sends you an email once you win and it has all the information, if he doesn't it's kinda weird but yeah you'd ask him if he doesn't tell you. You might want to inform him or have to tell him that you are paying money order before / during or after the bidding.

Yes, basically the seller will email you his/her info, or they will simply have some sort of contact information when you use the Ebay checkout, either works.

Have you considered signing up for Paypal. They offer MUCH more buyer protection than using money orders, and its much easier than going to buy money orders all the time.

Good luck with your bidding, I am celebrating my 10 year Ebay anniversary this year! Woot!

When you send the money, I would suggest either check or if you're sending cash put iit in a card so it isn't see through, my friend sent cash and it never got there.

OK, I'm sending a money order because I only use ebay like once every 3 or 4 years. OK, so the auction will end and then the seller will email me everything I need to know to pay. Then I can ship off the money order and then everything is cool. Sounds good. If anything comes up I can sign up for a paypal account right quick and pay for it then.

Look at what I'm bidding on

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200093954536

Pretty nice, yeah? It's my favorite show ever.

PCNoob said:
OK, I'm sending a money order because I only use ebay like once every 3 or 4 years. OK, so the auction will end and then the seller will email me everything I need to know to pay. Then I can ship off the money order and then everything is cool. Sounds good. If anything comes up I can sign up for a paypal account right quick and pay for it then.

Look at what I'm bidding on

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200093954536

Pretty nice, yeah? It's my favorite show ever.
i REALLY dont understand that show

Good man! Getting an authentic and double sided 27x41 movie poster, going for the real thing and not reprint garbage, good choice. :cool:

I still suggest Paypal. What if you send a MO and it gets lost in the mail? You are SOL son. Or how about this, the seller decides to fraud you, he cashes the MO, and sends you nothing. You email him to say, did you get my payment, did you send the poster? he says no he didn't get your payment, what are you going to do then? You have little to no recourse. Be careful. I have been on Ebay a long time, there are a lot of frauds on there.

Mercury&Solace said:
Good man! Getting an authentic and double sided 27x41 movie poster, going for the real thing and not reprint garbage, good choice. :cool:

I still suggest Paypal. What if you send a MO and it gets lost in the mail? You are SOL son. Or how about this, the seller decides to fraud you, he cashes the MO, and sends you nothing. You email him to say, did you get my payment, did you send the poster? he says no he didn't get your payment, what are you going to do then? You have little to no recourse. Be careful. I have been on Ebay a long time, there are a lot of frauds on there.
Hmm, I need to look into paypal then. Only thing is I don't have a credit card, just a debt card. Can that still work?

And to Borat, a lot of people don't. It's sort of random and ridiculous humor which I like a lot.

Back
Top Bottom