Early Birthday Present from Dad FTW!!

bullzi

Fully Optimized
Alright, I've been into gocarts for ever, raced back when I was a little kid and have been driving since 2. Now it's finally time for the real deal.

These pictures are from the auction, we are going to go pick them up next Wed. and I'll add actual pictures and maybe a video of them running.

They are Margay Brava 4's, not sure of the year yet. I've got 5 fresh 5HP blocks ready to race (bored, stroked and run on alcohol to produce 15HP to the wheels). Looks are deceiving, 15HP doesn't sound like much but with a gocart that weighs 300Lbs. it's fast.

6cb9_1.JPG

5815_1.JPG

65a1_0.JPG

Here is Thunderlake Speedway in KC.

WNq-TJ-P4T-gAjha60DBJ0kecvRvPU_v.jpg

What do you guys think?? :D

Very nice.

I used to run karts when I was a kid. Just for fun though. My dad built one with an old 5HP Mac engine. That darn thing ran an easy 70mph with the front wheels two inches off the ground.!

Yep, these things IMO are more fun that racing cars, I tried that and didn't like it as much. Karts are so freakin nimble on the track its ridiculous and being an inch or two off the ground with nothing around you makes you feel like you're going MUCH faster.

Yep, these things IMO are more fun that racing cars, I tried that and didn't like it as much. Karts are so freakin nimble on the track its ridiculous and being an inch or two off the ground with nothing around you makes you feel like you're going MUCH faster.

being an inch or two off the pavement make me poop myself. I've done the tamed down go carts before, and those freak me out.... Though I did some drifting once I got used to them, I just kept feeling like it was gonna flip.

Hmm, I dont think my legs would fit, lol. Does sound like fun.
Just hook up a redneck super charger, and you will be making 25hp, lol. Leaf blower...

Hmm, I dont think my legs would fit, lol. Does sound like fun.
Just hook up a redneck super charger, and you will be making 25hp, lol. Leaf blower...

I'm 6'1" and fit comfortably in the current racing karts we have, not sure about these yet as we obviously don't have them. I found a couple videos and listed them below, first couple laps are slow caution laps to get warm. They are both the same class I'll be racing.

Tarmac: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fubnDtkvm4U
Dirt: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yug5t0XMVok

I love go karts!! There's a place in Utah called "Lagoon" And they have 2 go kart tracks there, and its so much fun.

Back
Top Bottom