DVD To AVI

ssc456

Fully Optimized
hi guys,

i posted a thread a while back bout a new camcorder well ... i got it its a ,

Panasonic VDR-D160 which probably means nothing to ya really so heres a link,

http://panasonic.co.jp/pavc/global/videocamera/std1/oceania/vdr-d160/index.html

well thats the easy part lol now before i go on holiday in like 3 weeks i wonna play about wiv it and have some fun,

first i need something to rip the DVD's to AVI or MPEG then i need something to edit and play around with nothing complicated just like fade scenes from black then onto the next scene maybe add a subtitle or 2 nothing complicated.

so thats wot i need currently im trying DVD shrink and AVS video converter for the ripping to AVI,

but i need some ideas on what to use for very basic video editing any ideas ?

BTW i know the camera is not the greatist and u could probably suggest a 100 other 1's i cud of got for my money but i didnt i got this 1 so im stuck wiv it k :D only jokin,

so wot do u suggest for editing the vid and wot bout the ripping programs any others you would suggest ?

preferably something i can get from a torrent ;)

Windows movie maker is probably the easiest program out of all of them like Freestyler mentioned, If you want to be a bit braver then go for Studio Pinnacle 9 or 10.

yh jus had a look at windows movie maker and its ok ......

i mean it does the things i asked like u can add a title during a clip fade in and out but.

the titles you cant position them like bottom top etc,
the screen flashes the a title screen before film starts id like to ass pictures to ... but i do like the simplicity of windows movie maker,

is there like a movie maker pro lol,

i might give that pinacle thing a download later see what thats like.

AVS converter worked fine got a 7 min clip to bout 50 Mb so 70 mins should be bout 500MB but anyway it does the job.

also i tried nero showtime ..... never gonna try that again lol not very user friendly

If you want a lot more, you could get Sony Vegas Movie Studio (not Platinum). That's got quite a few options. d/l the trial on Sony's site. If that doesn't have enough, Vegas Movie Studio Platinum (which I have) is really good too with even more options. If that doesn't have enough for some random reason...Sony Vegas ($530). They are all user friendly for me. I upgraded from Movie Maker since I liked video editing.

I seriously think you should stick with Movie Maker unless you are going to be editing videos a lot. No need to dish out money for an editor you use once or twice... I made Movie Maker work for my first 3 short films (not the best, but not too bad for the equipment/software/experience), then I wanted something better. There are quite a few plugins for WMM (at no cost). I still have the ones I got for it.

yeah i think ill stick with windows movie maker i got pinnacle at the mo and im sort of playing about with both,

but im surpirsed at that for microsoft it is a really useful simple program + REP for microsoft lol

I still don't like WMM all that much. It's good for the basics if you don't need much. I don't like that it crashes about every 20 minutes. But, it's made for people like you that don't need much.

Back
Top Bottom