Duke Nukem Forever...

foothead

Omnicide now.
Is it EVER going to be released?!

There are some pretty epic screenshots on the internet.

DNF_Xmas08_small.jpg

dnfshot_sep08_1.jpg

It's been 13 years now. This game had better be nothing short of amazing if they ever release it for real.

It all came down to the director feeling the pressure of the expectations that it is going to be the best game ever released so he felt that he couldn't let anyone down. That meant years and years of changing engines, placing increasingly high demands on the developing team and asking for extensions from the publishers. I think 2K finally pulled the plug and 3d Realms essentially went bankrupt.

Yeah.

They could always release it as an Open Source affair, and get dedicated fans to fill in the gaps.

I wonder how much was completed in those 13 years?

It looks pretty complete from the gameplay footage on the internet.

I'm sure 2k will always claim that they plan to release it in the future.

Epic screenshots. http://www.gossipgamers.com/another...igh-res-screenshots-plot/dukenukemforever-01/ I really want to see this game released. Hell, I'd pay $60 for it in it's current state. Looks amazing. I'd pay even more if I can get the 5+ other versions of the game they developed on different engines. The one they showed in 01 looked really complete. Why couldn't they have just drawn the line there?

yeah they FINALLY admited they shut the project down after soooooo mnay years of syaing it was in development - now if that was a Metroid game I would have commited suicide :D

yeah they FINALLY admited they shut the project down after soooooo mnay years of syaing it was in development

Nope, it is still "under development."

Supposedly, they are outsourcing work on it. Is it just me, or is that the best/worst idea ever?

I would pay $100 bucks for this game if it ever came out completed. Duke is badass.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6JcZv3wPuU&feature=related

I would pay more than that, just to get what they already have.

I have a feeling that it is going to be released though. It will either be finished in idk how many years (prolly not that long actually since they don't have the psycho producer) or it will die, years will go by, then 2k might release it to an open source team. At least it would get finished that way.

Back
Top Bottom