Dual-screen laptops

Zer0Cool

Fully Optimized
Found this news today when looking in google news. Dual-screen laptop will be released this year, thought some of you might find it interesting :) Enjoy.

Source:

1163-gscreen-_article.jpg

http://www.itp.net/573648-dual-screen-laptop-to-be-released-this-year

"A dual-screen notebook will be released in the United States later this year by Alaska-based firm gScreen.

gScreen claims their G400 Spacebook is the first dual screen laptop with two 15.4 inch LED display screens and a full-size keyboard, built into one unit. Though no pricing has been announced yet, reports state that it could be close to the $3,000 mark.

The notebook, which will be powered by Intel Core 2 Duo and run Microsoft Windows Vista/XP Professional is geared towards designers, animators and photographers who are used to double-screen desktop environments. It will be available for shipment from the USA to both Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates through Amazon.

gScreen's Spacebook model won't be the only dual-screen laptop to hit the market with both Lenovo and HP keen to join in the double action.

At the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) this year, Lenovo released details on its new ThinkPad W700ds that sports a main 17 inch LCD screen and an additional 10.6 inch screen that slides out from behind. Another device from HP, dubbed the ‘HP Firefly with Voodoo DNA' comes with a multi-touch touchpad and dual displays - a large 17.1 inch LCD and a smaller second 4.3 inch LCD."

Looks like a photoshop....oh boy, what are they going to come up with next?

Another device from HP, dubbed the ‘HP Firefly with Voodoo DNA' comes with a multi-touch touchpad and dual displays - a large 17.1 inch LCD and a smaller second 4.3 inch LCD."
Normal dual displays I can understand, but I don't see much point in this?! Either way even if applications could use it effectively, you'd have to have them custom built to use it, something I can't see happening.

There are displays out there that could outclass a dual monitor setup in terms of resolution. This seems like a gimmick to grab media attention.

Edit: Why not go all out?

24028112.jpg

Back
Top Bottom