Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 03-15-2010, 07:57 PM   #1
Daemon Poster

Default Dual Screen

I have display fusion for managing my backgrounds for two screens, and I was wondering if anyone knows of a program to manage programs for dual screen on Vista.

Like I want to set it up so when I open certain programs it goes to a certain screen. Is this possible?

'"Crapbox 2.0.....Until you put Mac OS X on it, then its called a Mac Pro." -cavemangrinder

"You were sick, but now you're well again, and there's work to do." - Kurt Vonnegut
hemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 08:04 PM   #2
Fully Optimized

Default Re: Dual Screen

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemp View Post
I have display fusion for managing my backgrounds for two screens, and I was wondering if anyone knows of a program to manage programs for dual screen on Vista.

Like I want to set it up so when I open certain programs it goes to a certain screen. Is this possible?
I think if you just set it to remember window size/position in Folder Options, then it should do what you described. I know it works that way for me in 7 anyways.

Old 03-15-2010, 08:11 PM   #3
Daemon Poster

It kind of works, but when I restart my computer it will forget what program last went to what screen. I was thinking maybe something out there could make it a little bit easier. Oh well.

'"Crapbox 2.0.....Until you put Mac OS X on it, then its called a Mac Pro." -cavemangrinder

"You were sick, but now you're well again, and there's work to do." - Kurt Vonnegut
Old 03-15-2010, 08:14 PM   #4
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemp View Post
It kind of works, but when I restart my computer it will forget what program last went to what screen. I was thinking maybe something out there could make it a little bit easier. Oh well.
Yeah, that could have been one of the quirks in Vista that was fixed in 7. Of course, I have nothing whatsoever to back that statement up with.
Old 03-15-2010, 08:26 PM   #5
Daemon Poster

You never know, it probably is something with Vista for all I know.

Old 03-15-2010, 08:54 PM   #6
Omnicide now.

Give ATI hydravision a go. It may or may not work with an NV card. Probably not, but its te best for this type of thing.
foothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 09:00 PM   #7
Daemon Poster

Do you know if NV has anything like that?

Old 03-15-2010, 09:05 PM   #8
Omnicide now.

Nothing I know of. I am not an nvidia person though.
foothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 10:12 PM   #9
Daemon Poster

I don't have a preference, but I got this card new for $30 so I wasn't going to pass that up.