Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 06-29-2010, 04:20 AM   #11
Omnicide now.

Default Re: Droid X or Netbook?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bringdapain View Post
Well the reason I brought up the Droid X is that it will be offered with an unlimited data plan and it will also have mobile hotspot tethering availble. But I buy my games that I emulate so I'd be pefectly content with 5 gigs.
Mobile hotspot is only free on the palm pre and pre+. I think it will be like $20/month on anything android.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniperviper21 View Post
i cant remember where i saw it, but i think Flash 10.1 will be out for Motorola Droid in late July or August when 2.2 comes out.

and i used about 34GBs on this past months bill on my verizon account. Though i have unlimited.
Yes, flash for android will be released with 2.2, though I think it already is included in the beta version. It is not too nice to battery life right now though. I think the battery lasts like 50-60% how long it would playing mpeg videos. That will improve in time though.

You get unlimited data on the phone, and 5GB for tethering purposes.

foothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 04:32 AM   #12
In Runtime

Send a message via AIM to Sinonymous

The Pre Plus looks B.A. and it looks like it would do what I require of it since no phone does DS homebrew yet...

Old 06-29-2010, 04:35 AM   #13
Omnicide now.

It has flash too...

You will most likely have to update to the newest OS version though, since flash support has only been there since February of this year.

I am amazed that I didn't know of this. Everyone has been hyping android and iPhone so much lately that WebOS isn't getting any mention on forums.
foothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 12:43 PM   #14
Fully Optimized

since your laptop is quite small as it is so I recommend the droid x. You can always carry the laptop with you and tether the droid with it if you are on the move a lot.

Edit: I just googled your laptop and noticed that it is quite old and has a small hard drive. also It likely will not support anything newer than windows xp which is being dropped from support from a lot of things soon.
Old 06-29-2010, 12:52 PM   #15
Golden Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by foothead View Post
I am amazed that I didn't know of this. Everyone has been hyping android and iPhone so much lately that WebOS isn't getting any mention on forums.
Because as usual, Palm simply played with their thumbs and stood on the sidelines as Apple and Google progressed.

webOS has potential, but that's only if Palm/HP takes advantage of it.

Send comments, suggestions and criticisms.
↳ 01001010listens@gmail.com
01001010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 01:44 PM   #16
In Runtime

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikee286 View Post
since your laptop is quite small as it is so I recommend the droid x. You can always carry the laptop with you and tether the droid with it if you are on the move a lot.

Edit: I just googled your laptop and noticed that it is quite old and has a small hard drive. also It likely will not support anything newer than windows xp which is being dropped from support from a lot of things soon.
Yep, it's an old business laptop from my step father's reomodeling part of his company before they switched to tablets. It's old and runs XP but it has comparable specs to the netbook I wanted to buy and I have another laptop that's new.
Old 06-29-2010, 01:54 PM   #17
Fully Optimized

except the netbook has better gfx chipset and hdd space. If you have another lappy just go with the droid x. The only good thing I see with having a netbook are there is no monthly bill associated with it, longer battery life and possibly a better internet experience not being redirected to stripped down mobile versions of sites by default. I'm pretty sure the droid x can render a full webpage but likely will default to the mobile version. That's the way it is on my ipod touch and android x86 virtual machine.
Old 06-29-2010, 02:08 PM   #18
In Runtime

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikee286 View Post
except the netbook has better gfx chipset and hdd space. If you have another lappy just go with the droid x. The only good thing I see with having a netbook are there is no monthly bill associated with it, longer battery life and possibly a better internet experience not being redirected to stripped down mobile versions of sites by default. I'm pretty sure the droid x can render a full webpage but likely will default to the mobile version. That's the way it is on my ipod touch and android x86 virtual machine.
^ True. I was wanting to mod up an illuminated keyboard with blue lights with whatever laptop I decided to keep. lol. I was hoping for a Verizon iPhone but a Palm Pre or a Droid with 1ghz (almost keeps up with my t42) does good enough.
Old 06-29-2010, 04:22 PM   #19
In Runtime

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniperviper21 View Post
i cant remember where i saw it, but i think Flash 10.1 will be out for Motorola Droid in late July or August when 2.2 comes out.

and i used about 34GBs on this past months bill on my verizon account. Though i have unlimited.
yes it will, i currently have 2.2 on my droid and 10.1 flash, it works fairly well, flash is a bit laggy at times. but what do u expect for a mobile device.

lewblue83 is offline   Reply With Quote