Driving test tommorow - CA

Steemax

Daemon Poster
Title says it all.. i got my drivers licence test tommorow 10 in the morning.. and i need some last minute tips in case I missed something important.. altough I believe I got everything down...

Thanks!

You'll have to know who many feet or yards to stop before a railroad crossing, signs, emergency vehicles, how to park uphill and downhill, turning at intersections, who has the right of way (what happens when all cars stop at the same time in an intersection controlled by Stop signs), how to use the middle left turn sharing lane, and what else? There was a lot of questions, but it's been quite awhile since I last took it. I gurantee those I've mentioned will be on there. Otherwise, I wouldn't have thought it up.

Good luck. One thing to remember, if you parallel parking or backing around a corner, if you hit the curb, finish it and you will still be able to pass. Even if you manage to screw both of them up, because my friend did and he still passed. Things might be different for CA though.

Is this a written test or road test? I remember my first time out doing the road test, I was sooooooooooooooooooo nervous. The instructor next to me knew I know how to drive, so he gave me a bare minimum score which was 70. I was happy.

Remember to always check your mirrors too and to look over your shoulders as necessary (for blind spots purposes). They observe you as well as your driving.

Thx.. yah this si for my actual driving test.. I already passed the written for my Permit a long time ago... soo yeah... refresh my memory what happens when all 4 cars stop at the same time at a 4 stop sign intersection..? I turned around in the area of the DMV.. and there were some 4 ways...

If you come upon that situation, always let the car on the right go first. They have the right of way. A LOT of people don't know that and I come upon it all the time.

I didn't look in the mirrors (rear view mirror and the side mirrors often). They like to see you glance up more often. Since I was so nervous, I was going slower than usual and if you go too slow, it's obstruction of traffic. Minus some points there. Then it took me forever to parallel park between two cars. I don't know if he took off any points there, but I did finish it after putting in "R" and "D" constantly (just like Austin Powers, lol).

TRDCorolla said:
I didn't look in the mirrors (rear view mirror and the side mirrors often). They like to see you glance up more often. Since I was so nervous, I was going slower than usual and if you go too slow, it's obstruction of traffic. Minus some points there. Then it took me forever to parallel park between two cars. I don't know if he took off any points there, but I did finish it after putting in "R" and "D" constantly (just like Austin Powers, lol).
hahaha.. lol awesome the ONLYTHING is the parrlel parking between to cars im flakey on that =/ but yeah .. thanks for your info.. much appreciated.

Have you ever driven a car before? I know some people have driven because their parents let them even without a license. But if you did, that helps build your confidence big time.

Back
Top Bottom