Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 06-24-2008, 06:13 PM   #21
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to mark thorpe Send a message via Yahoo to mark thorpe
Default Re: Driving Test Tommorow

lol, speedy there!!

good luck next time

mark thorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 06:14 PM   #22
In Runtime

Send a message via AIM to sherwood Send a message via MSN to sherwood

Sorry to hear about that,

Well I hope you do better next time

my rig: Foxconn M7VMX Series|Intel Core 2 Duo E7200GHz|2.00GB of RAM|500GB Western Digital SATA HDD|500GB Hitachi SATA|500GB Maxtor External|Nvidia GeForce 8 Serise 512MB.|400W power supply.|Windows Vista Ultimate|19" HD Monitor
sherwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 07:07 PM   #23
xxcobraxx

how many lessons did you do, im thinking of doing 2-4hours a week. Iv'e riddin a moped on the orad lots of times, i had my cv done, also I have not drove a car but my mum said she will help me get to know the basics, how many do you think ill need? I have very good eye sight and good at reactions, how much did it cost you kage with how many lessons?

I can't wait till sunday my 1st 2 hour lesson is 44pound
IAntDemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 07:26 PM   #24
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to D-Lew

Quote:
Originally Posted by freestyler105 View Post
Don't wear sunglasses! You're not allowed to apparently, and they're not allowed to tell you to take them off.
You serious? That's idiotic.
D-Lew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 08:18 AM   #25
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to dude_se Send a message via MSN to dude_se

@antdemo, most people need 20-60 lessons. i had about 20-25 at first, failed, and had a few more. started off with 1 hour per week and then started doing 2 hour ones.
id say you'll need atleast 20. you need a couple to get into it, then a few to practice 3 point turns, paralell parking, etc, then you need to practice all the test routes.
Old 06-25-2008, 09:57 AM   #26
xxcobraxx

Well I'm going to ask my mum to take me out and see what I can do.

Thanks.
IAntDemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 10:00 AM   #27
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to dude_se Send a message via MSN to dude_se

its the test routes that are a bugger. say there are 5 test routes. 2 hour lessons each time. thats already 10 hours worth. luckily i only paid 20 an hour and the guy was pretty cool, so it was all good.
oh, and do pass plus!
Old 06-25-2008, 10:05 AM   #28
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kage View Post
No, but I will be shortly.

I wasn't speeding purposely though! I just... well I guess I just didn't see the sign and everyone else was doing the speed I was doing, so I just assumed I guess..

Its unfair though that he took me down a route I haven't practised, but I know thats not an excuse either.

I'll pass next time...
Don't feel bad. I failed mine the first try too, but the second time I passed with only one thing wrong. Second time I took a turn too slow and that was the only thing I got wrong. I'd rather have taken it too slow than too fast. The first time I failed because when I parallel parked I went over the "curb" which was just a railroad tie. I quickly discovered that parallel parking a tahoe wasn't going to work very well. I have done it many times but I was nervous and went back too far. It sits up high and it's hard to see the curb but it was my stupid fault for not double checking how far back I was. At least I passed the second time which is all that matters.
Old 06-25-2008, 01:34 PM   #29
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to Kage

Yeah, I did 30 lessons in total including the 2 that count as the test with the car.

I may do more, and yeah, its 19 an hour with the guy I'm with, or he has an offer of 150 for 10 which isn't bad at all.

troy, only 1 minor?!
Old 06-25-2008, 02:29 PM   #30
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kage View Post
Yeah, I did 30 lessons in total including the 2 that count as the test with the car.

I may do more, and yeah, its 19 an hour with the guy I'm with, or he has an offer of 150 for 10 which isn't bad at all.

troy, only 1 minor?!
Actually there were two minors, one for turning too slow (which was BS if you ask me) and then another for not signaling at 100 ft. but less than 100 ft. but who the heck can measure exactly 100 ft.? At least I gave a signal!