Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 08-09-2007, 11:17 AM   #51
Golden Master
 
dude_se's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 8,632
Send a message via AIM to dude_se Send a message via MSN to dude_se
Default Re: driving test (theory), pass or fail ...

you might want to read page 2 onwards.
basically i passed
thanks though
just practical time now
__________________

__________________
Laptop spec: ASUS X53E, i5 2430m 2.4ghz, 3gb ram, 320gb hdd, intel hd graphics, usb 3.0
dude_se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 11:41 AM   #52
Fully Optimized
 
-Paul-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 2,242
Send a message via AIM to -Paul- Send a message via MSN to -Paul-
Default Re: driving test (theory), pass or fail ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude_se View Post
...you'll soon find out when i do it 2moz.
im dreading it
any tips?
Well im in North Carolina, USA, and we are known to have some of the hardest driving tests in the country, and I passed it on the first try... That was because I stayed calm and just thought carefully about each question... Think of every question like you are driving down the road... Most of the answers to the questions are just common sense, but it doesnt seem like it...


Hope that helps...
__________________

-Paul- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 12:07 PM   #53
Golden Master
 
Brookfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 10,056
Default Re: driving test (theory), pass or fail ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Paul- View Post
Well im in North Carolina, USA, and we are known to have some of the hardest driving tests in the country, and I passed it on the first try... That was because I stayed calm and just thought carefully about each question... Think of every question like you are driving down the road... Most of the answers to the questions are just common sense, but it doesnt seem like it.
According to your profile you're 16 next Februay, so you passed the motor bike test then?
Brookfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 12:20 PM   #54
BSOD
 
rot13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 113
Default Re: driving test (theory), pass or fail ...

Most american states allow for learning to drive at the age of 15 and licenced at 16 because thats how my cousin in virginia did it
rot13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 01:00 PM   #55
Golden Master
 
Brookfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 10,056
Default Re: driving test (theory), pass or fail ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rot13 View Post
Most american states allow for learning to drive at the age of 15 and licenced at 16 because thats how my cousin in virginia did it
So was -Paul- allowed to actually drive or did he just go through the paperwork as a preliminary to the "on the road" test?
Brookfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 01:08 PM   #56
BSOD
 
rot13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 113
Default Re: driving test (theory), pass or fail ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brookfield View Post
So was -Paul- allowed to actually drive or did he just go through the paperwork as a preliminary to the "on the road" test?
Actually allowed because you can learn at 15 and you dont even need L plates.

They learn younger but there's shitloads of restrictions once youve passed your test like no passengers between 11pm and 7am and this sort of thing unlike in this country where you pass at 17 and can do anything.
rot13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 01:24 PM   #57
Golden Master
 
Brookfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 10,056
Default Re: driving test (theory), pass or fail ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rot13 View Post
Actually allowed because you can learn at 15 and you dont even need L plates.

They learn younger but there's shitloads of restrictions once youve passed your test like no passengers between 11pm and 7am and this sort of thing unlike in this country where you pass at 17 and can do anything.
Wow, totally different in England, in fact at the moment they are cosidering raising the minimum driving age from 16 to 18, due to the dramatic rise in deaths of young drivers.
Brookfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 01:25 PM   #58
Golden Master
 
DJ-CHRIS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,203
Send a message via AIM to DJ-CHRIS Send a message via MSN to DJ-CHRIS Send a message via Yahoo to DJ-CHRIS
Default Re: driving test (theory), pass or fail ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rot13 View Post
Actually allowed because you can learn at 15 and you dont even need L plates.

They learn younger but there's shitloads of restrictions once youve passed your test like no passengers between 11pm and 7am and this sort of thing unlike in this country where you pass at 17 and can do anything.
In Canada all restrictions can be lifted when you are 18 or a few months before?

15 is WAAAAAAAAY too young to drive, driving age should be higher than drinking age IMO.
DJ-CHRIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 03:34 PM   #59
Fully Optimized
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 3,275
Send a message via ICQ to DJ Stephen Send a message via AIM to DJ Stephen Send a message via MSN to DJ Stephen Send a message via Yahoo to DJ Stephen
Default Re: driving test (theory), pass or fail ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brookfield View Post
Wow, totally different in England, in fact at the moment they are cosidering raising the minimum driving age from 16 to 18, due to the dramatic rise in deaths of young drivers.
I don't agree with you on this one...

When you are driving around where we live and where we go, It's always older drivers that cause accidents. They don't look when they pull over.. they just do it. They don't indicate.. so you are your suppose to know. They go so slow there is no need and on small roads they don't get over and take the side off your coar.

My Mum was pleased with a young lad once. My mum pulled over thinking oh.. another stupid driver, he stopped, wound the window down and said thankyou very much.. what a shock she got. Why does everyone blame JUST the young drivers when actually it's people of all ages?
DJ Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 04:59 PM   #60
Golden Master
 
Brookfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 10,056
Default Re: driving test (theory), pass or fail ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by webmonkey View Post
I don't agree with you on this one...

When you are driving around where we live and where we go, It's always older drivers that cause accidents. They don't look when they pull over.. they just do it. They don't indicate.. so you are your suppose to know. They go so slow there is no need and on small roads they don't get over and take the side off your coar.

My Mum was pleased with a young lad once. My mum pulled over thinking oh.. another stupid driver, he stopped, wound the window down and said thankyou very much.. what a shock she got. Why does everyone blame JUST the young drivers when actually it's people of all ages?
You say you don't agree with me, , I wasn't the one that is raising the age, so don't involve me in this
__________________

Brookfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0