Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 05-07-2008, 10:14 PM   #31
Fully Optimized

Default Re: Driving lesson troubles.

On the speed topic, no one goes the speed limit on my road. It's 35. Should be 45 IMO. I get tailgated a lot since I'm one of the handful that goes within 5 miles of 35 (I go 40 and the cops don't care). Sometimes I get a guy tailgating me and I feel like I'm being pushed and involuntarily go a bit faster. My first traffic stop was for going 50 in the 35 zone, it was just a warning, but I learned. The cop just caught me when I was almost home from a long drive (like 500 feet from my driveway) and I wasn't paying attention to my speed... I go about 5 over every speed limit unless the cops are picky in an area.

Jesusfrk611 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 07:03 AM   #32
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to Kage

Actually, forgetting to shoulder check is a major straight away. Stalling is only a minor.

My instructor told me that if you forget to shoulder check (for example), and the instructor pulls you over and tries to get you to do it again and you don't, he/she'll take it as a risk for public safety and walk out of the car to the driving school, however far away it is, leaving you in the car until they get help to you.

Haha, anyway, my lesson is at 2pm UK time, so wish me luck. I've only really just got up, at 12pm.

EDIT:

I'm back, and it went better than last week, but I'm putting back the exam to around the start of June, so I get an extra 4 lessons to iron stuff out.
I won't be losing any money in doing so, except for another 2 lessons of payment, so I think its the best solution.
I'm not going to pass, I know I'm not.

Old 05-08-2008, 12:57 PM   #33
Daemon Poster

From reading the other driving threads it sounds like driving is an awful lot harder over there across the pond..
Ahyoka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 05:20 PM   #34
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to Kage

Well, I've changed the date now, giving myself one more month of practise.
I don't feel ready right now.
Old 05-08-2008, 05:26 PM   #35
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to dude_se Send a message via MSN to dude_se

if your not ready then fair play. i failed my first time (not sure why as i did good). your time will come and when you pass driving will feel so natural (i dont drive much but when i do its just so easy now
Old 05-08-2008, 05:31 PM   #36
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahyoka View Post
From reading the other driving threads it sounds like driving is an awful lot harder over there across the pond..
Oh yes, I've seen a US few reality shows on tv and they seem to have a couple of lessons with a family member and thats it, they take the test and pass and thats it!!