Driving lesson troubles.

Kage

Golden Master
Just been on a driving lesson, and my test is in like a week and a half...
It couldn't have gone any worse.
Its like I'm good one week, and then bad other weeks, but this time, I was making more mistakes than ever. It depends on loads of things with me, and anything can set me back once something bad happens.

I forgot to signal once, went inside a junction once, and stopped. Doing a 3 point turn, took it too fast and hit a bin... Stalled countless times, forgot to change gears countless times... need I go on. I hardly ever do that.
Hmm...

Haha the instructor said "if that was a real test, he would have got out of the car at this point, and walked back to the test centre and left you there".

If it doesn't go better on the lesson Thursday (were doubling up coming up to the test), I may have to move it back :(

i assume if he's learning in a manual car it might be abit late to change to an automatic but he could ask and see what they say it won't hurt.
good luck with your lessons and your upcoming test

Matt

I wouldn't want an automatic :s
Hardly anyone from around here drives automatics. Only imported cars I've seen even have them. I live in England, and not in the States, where they probably have a lot more.

I had my practical driving test for the first time today... got 2 major faults and 8 minors... suffice to say i failed :(

Most were stupid mistakes like tapping the break when going around a roundabout by mistake, and trying to set off in 2nd gear :rolleyes:

Opps, sorry to hear that.
I have a problem when I'm starting off, where I think its in first, when its actually in third, and, bang, it stalls.

Hope you have better luck with your next one :)

Thanks...although everyone tells me you almost never pass the first test - heh my instructor didn't pass until his 3rd test :D

I would say don't be nervous, but its impossible not to be :)

I find if I make one mistake, the rest of it goes down hill. I mean, the amount of mistakes I made today...
He said if I'm no better on Thursday (my next lesson), I should push back the exam, but that means more money for more lessons, and I'm not sure I want to do that.

Yeah, I did a mistake quite soon (well I thought he noticed that i did 33 in a 30 zone but..) and I was certain that I'd failed and so kinda gave up and thought well what does it matter Ive failed anyway :D

Yeah, I did a mistake quite soon (well I thought he noticed that i did 33 in a 30 zone but..) and I was certain that I'd failed and so kinda gave up and thought well what does it matter Ive failed anyway :D

You'd fail for doing 33 in a 30 zone in the UK?

Back
Top Bottom