drinking

im 14 wow in UK, alot of young people drink. I drink, but i dont get drunk. at partys or doo's i get tipsy 'a buzz' but not drunk.
I don't see the problem of age..you should be able make your own decisions from my view.

Theres a difference, myself, i don't go out on the streets and drink. WHen my uncle comes up, il sit out back and have 2 beers with him.
Or at night when im sitting at my pc sometimes il have 2 beers, I don't see anything wrong with that because I'm not going to cause a fight or go mad.

And now and again I'll have a vodka and coke but thats like..well last time i had one was last weekend but before that was at christmas..i used to just drink shandy's. But i can handle my drink, don't see the problem if there isn't any problems being caused.

I've seen other 14 year olds saying they dont want to get drunk, same with me. I hate the thought of puking....What's the point..Maybe when im older views will change but who knows...

If you don't like drunk people, stay away from St Andrews during term time :cool:

Lots of drunk people about, including myself.

My drinking habits would start a flame war - let's say they're irresponsible a great deal of the time (only collapsed once, mind you - threw up in the bin in my room and felt GREAT the following day, seriously, I felt reborn).

I have many a more stories to tell you. But I will say I'd never been properly "drunk" until I was 18.

mammikoura said:
Well u are 14 so I think its good that u dont want to get drunk.
But to be honest I take pretty much alcohol almost every friday. Its just that u always have a great time when u are drunk, not that u cant have fun without alcohol, but everything is just more fun when drunk.
And drinking rarely makes u throw up, if u know ur limits. Also hangover usually isnt that bad, u just need to eat and drink a lot of water before going to sleep.

Just wait 2 or 3 years and then get drunk with a few good friends. I bet that u will have a great night.

I've only thrown up twice, and got a hangover once :D

Deathstar said:
The innocence of youth, :D, as you get older your views may change. At 14 you are making a good call. Some people don't like drinking, others do, it depends on the individuals personality/ circumstances etc.

I like a social drink to the point of being "tipsy", if you like, but now and again I also like to get drunk with a few friends.

Different strokes for different folks I guess, come back when you're 24? 34? 44? and tell me if you feel the same way. ;)

Until you reach legal age the point is moot, you shouldn't have access to alcohol until then anyway.

12yo drunk on vodka? that's just irresponsible in my country, but other countries / people have different views. Not saying that is right or anything, just that circumstances can dictate usage. Italians allow their children to drink watered red wine from an early age and I'm sure other countries have similar customs.
Don't faint!, this subject overrides any personal differences we may have, you make a strong case, & I'm with you 101%

ThePower said:
im 14 wow in UK, alot of young people drink. I drink, but i dont get drunk. at partys or doo's i get tipsy 'a buzz' but not drunk.
I don't see the problem of age..you should be able make your own decisions from my view.

Theres a difference, myself, i don't go out on the streets and drink. WHen my uncle comes up, il sit out back and have 2 beers with him.
Or at night when im sitting at my pc sometimes il have 2 beers, I don't see anything wrong with that because I'm not going to cause a fight or go mad.

And now and again I'll have a vodka and coke but thats like..well last time i had one was last weekend but before that was at christmas..i used to just drink shandy's. But i can handle my drink, don't see the problem if there isn't any problems being caused.

I've seen other 14 year olds saying they dont want to get drunk, same with me. I hate the thought of puking....What's the point..Maybe when im older views will change but who knows...
FACT England holds the dubious "honour", of having the worst drinking habits, of teens & under teens, in the whole of Europe, mostly binge drinking, yes, they stop eventually, when they fall over, I have a friend who is a policeman in Barnley, & when he's on patrol, he says the youngters start drinking about 5 pm, & stop about 2.30, the next mornig, the majority of them are girls, perhaps that's why we hold another record, the greatest number of teen-age pregnancies as well!, I love my country dearly, but I also despair of the way it's going, & the police just can't cope :(

mongoman said:
i read that thread about the 12 year old getting drunk and i said to my self "whats the point" i mean im 14 and i dont like the idea of getting drunk so that you dont no what your doing...i mean when you do that you put your life and the lives of people around you in danger because when your drunk you cant decipher right and wrong. getting drunk isn't cool plus it makes you puke.
I agree

meh, i love drinking, and i aint gonna stop drinking, its a great unwind at the end of the day.. specially after a hard day. yes, i do get blotto occasionally, drinking is fine when you do it responsibly, im not a good example about this, so im gonna stop now..

I like drinking too, and there's nothing wrong with having a few drinks if your responsable about it. It's the younger people that think there cool cause there drinking. (This is not meant toward anybody in this forum) There is people who can't hold there alcohol and that's when the trouble starts.

Back
Top Bottom