Downtime

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will you stop squabbling & concentrate on the fact that CF was down again overnight until just now, I was on at 7 AM BST today, & it was down then until 8.20 AM this morning, the third time in as many days, at least 7 hours, much shorter this time.

Crabby... said:
Uhh...Have you looked at David's other sites? They are all full of bots with no real people posting in them. This is his only successful website. But it is really successful, probably because of the name.

And it is not that hard to setup a server and put VB on it. I mean this forum is basically stock. Just a few mods. I am not saying that is a bad thing. I mean, he has thousands of members. But I am saying it is not a complex setup.

Also, yes, that was a quite a long downtime. But the place seems nice and speedy now, does it not? :)
My only successful site?

Admitedly no one really posts on servertalk but that is because a friend of mine gave it to host rather than just let it die. So that is 1 out of my 11 sites that is unsuccessful. How do you make a judgement on the others if you have not seen traffic logs/feedback?

Also I really resent the fact that you have put this sites success down to the name. Why doesn't everyone think of a flashy name and hey presto you have a successfull forum :rolleyes:

"Setup a server and put vb on it"

That tells me you have no clue what so ever on how to run a web server. Sure installing vb is not that hard, but have you ever looked into the other aspects? Security, DNS BIND, dns records, mail setup etc. There are alot more aspects to running a server than just simply throwing vb at it unless you have a shared host ofcourse ;)

If I had no clue how to setup vb why is it installed here? Why has it been update in the past? What is the point of installing 3.0.0.1.1.1. update every day they are released just to cause downtime and fix all the bugs for the next two months. :(

Sure this skin is stock. So what? Its quick and smooth and everyone here likes it so thats the way it stays.

Sure I only spend a hour or two a day after work on here, what is the point in spending anymore and adding pointless changes when all you are as thankful as that. Probably got the ads block too so I have to continue paying out of my own pocket each month. :rolleyes:

UK31337 said:
locky locky $5, it turned into David bashing again.
Yes hasn't it, they shouldn't do that, but he gave them an ear- bashing, didn't he?, good for him, they haven't the faintest idea what his job entails [duh!], & should shut up, it appears it wasn't it wasn't his fault when it went down for the third time today, apparently something to do with too much bandwidth being used for the server to cope with, er what's locky locky $5 all about? :confused: if it's about locking this thread, then I think it should stay open, um. apologies for posting here, I genuinely didn't see the closed sign until I'd posted :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom