Download from BBC

If you click on video options, you'll see the source URL for the files. You can download those directly - your safest option is probably to grab the WMV format one.

thanks I have put the links into my browser address bar but the file only downloads a 1kb size file. This is for both wmv and rm. Flv opens up its own video window.

How can I fix this and download it?

I use a Firefox add-in called download helper.
(can you guess what it helps with)...

this should enable you to download the online video.

I have done as instructed but the wmv link does not work.

I have used the firefox add on and used the flv link also and all that is downloaded is a MY file (that doesn't work).

If I try to use bitcomet it downloads the file as an asx file.

Have any of you guys successfully downloaded it, what do you think the problem could be?

If you download VLC Media player, and then download the FLV, it should play within VLC Fine...

I use a Firefox add-in called download helper.
(can you guess what it helps with)...

this should enable you to download the online video.

If you download VLC Media player, and then download the FLV, it should play within VLC Fine...
I use downloadhelper as well and VLC plays the .flv files just fine.

Edit: I tried downloading the video in the link you gave but it said "not available in your area" so I really can't tell you if it works or not. You'll have to get someone else to try it who can get the video.

thanks guys, yeah I already have VLC player installed. I need to download the full video (rather than just a link to the stream which I think is happening) so I can put it on a cd for her in time for Monday.

If anyone has a solution it would be greatly appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom