Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 02-10-2006, 01:42 AM   #61
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to alvino
Default Re: Don't Buy Pepsi In The New Can

Haha...thanks for the entertainment. To prevent myself from getting banned by responding to your post...I must say that religion has sure gotten people thinking that the world will end just because Pepsi took out those two words. OH NOES! A SODA WITHOUT THE WORD GOD ON IT?! BLASPHEMY! Burn Pepsi! DIE! DIE!

How is the US taking God out of everything? Over half the nation is Christian and heck, even the President is a devout Christian. Be realistic...seriously...if God was taken out of everything in this nation, it would not fall because of some holy disease or some flood from the heavens or what not, but because everyone would go bezerk over the fact that there is no more God.

If you were poor and only had a few toys which were valuable to you, like you just stated, that would be because you were poor and unfortunate enough not to get anything else, NOT because of some greater being.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalgatha
we KNOW that our religion is the one and only true religion.
That depends on your point of view. If you were Christian, then your religion would be the best. If you were Muslim, then your religion would be the best. Why do you think they've been fighting in Jerusalem for all those thousands of years? Because they think that the other religion is immoral or not a true religion. It's just like the question about right or wrong. There really is no right or wrong if you think about it...it really depends on the side you are on. Get what I mean?

alvino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 04:41 AM   #62
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to Nik00117 Send a message via MSN to Nik00117 Send a message via Yahoo to Nik00117

I'm not going read 5 pages of agruements considering I got 25 mins left in class but besides that point. UNDER GOD IS NOT OFFESENIVE. Just put it on there heck most poeple won't even notice.

Old 02-10-2006, 08:46 AM   #63
In Runtime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalgatha
i am a devout christian and will also stop buying pepsi products because of this action. you have to look at it from our view point, we KNOW that our religion is the one and only true religion.
Now if you ask me thats kind of discrimitory (lol yeah i cant spell either) im not trying to get you in trouble with the mods or anything but that kinda offends me.
Infin1ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 08:48 AM   #64
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to Kalgatha Send a message via Yahoo to Kalgatha

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvino
Haha...thanks for the entertainment. To prevent myself from getting banned by responding to your post...I must say that religion has sure gotten people thinking that the world will end just because Pepsi took out those two words. OH NOES! A SODA WITHOUT THE WORD GOD ON IT?! BLASPHEMY! Burn Pepsi! DIE! DIE!

If you were poor and only had a few toys which were valuable to you, like you just stated, that would be because you were poor and unfortunate enough not to get anything else, NOT because of some greater being.
i didn't mean that just because pepsi had taken those words out its goin to casue our nation to collapse. what i ment was its takin god out, not necesarily of everything right now. but if pepsi starts doing it then so will every other company tryin to be patriotic. then it will move to other things like the dollar bill. and our nation will not last forever...if you think that you are more naive than a little school girl.

and my point about the poor comment wasnt anything to do with the fact that someone was poor. it was the idea of cherishing the only few things you have precious to you.

and again i said look at it through our veiw point. meaning through our view point all other religions are bogus! get my point?

lol i can't get the quote to work :P
Kalgatha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 09:00 AM   #65
In Runtime

you need to put [/quote] in the last quote box.
Infin1ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 01:21 PM   #66
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to ArrizX

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvino
Well I'm an Athiest and I could care less if they said "GOD IS THE BEST" on the can. But what I can't handle is how people react to those few words missing. They're going to bitch over something religious, something that has NOTHING to do with patriotism (which was Pepsi's plan), and it's annoying because it's not a big deal! The world won't end. God won't smite you because you drank a soda without words promoting him! Sheesh...what is the world coming to...
Amen, lol..

But yeah, I agree, this is retarted.. NOT A BIG DEAL!
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
ArrizX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 01:51 PM   #67
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to Kage

I'm an Athiest too, and think that religion causes too big of an issue in this world anyway, and definietly is at the moment.
But, if people want to believe in something, no one can stop them.

i honestly don't know what Pepsi should have done.
I guess they couldn't have done it either way without getting trouble from somewhere.

But yeah...
why did this put all this on the can anyway? To try and generate support?
Old 02-10-2006, 07:10 PM   #68
BSOD

lol why is this thread still being posted in??
HRHunteRHR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 07:20 PM   #69
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to Paradox Send a message via MSN to Paradox Send a message via Yahoo to Paradox

On another side note It doesn't say under what god, and the ones that believe in no gods really dont care (a large majority of them atleast)

Xbox Live: Error Lord
Personal Email: HunterMRose[at]gmail.com
Aim: Error Lord
Paradox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 07:38 PM   #70
BSOD

Send a message via AIM to JustinMcG67 Send a message via MSN to JustinMcG67 Send a message via Yahoo to JustinMcG67

I thought this thread was dead? Apparently not...Mods, lock it, it's just a flame war...

JustinMcG67 is offline   Reply With Quote