Does spelling REALLY matter? Hmmm...

Jenox

BSOD
Cnduolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae.

The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt! if you can raed tihs rpsoet it.

So, they stress spelling in school, but uh, doesn't appear to really matter that much once you get a comprehensive vocabulary. interesting...

I think it matters on a professional level but in this case, eh, not really.

seen taht boefre, its vrey clveer! but it is amzinag how ture it is!

good post! (look at your rep!)

lol almost didn't catch it right there because i could read that without any problems. :)

Jenox said:
So, they stress spelling in school, but uh, doesn't appear to really matter that much once you get a comprehensive vocabulary. interesting...

Yeah, I've seen that before too, or a similar instance. That is pretty neat. But for words like "snipes" and "spines" ...hard to tell sometimes. ;) I can't think of any other similarly-spelled words right now; there are some better ones.

I think you'd be able to tell the difference between the words given what the sentence is about. :)

this info is like soo old. But still interesting.
Also works with any language. (at least I think so)

mammikoura said:
this info is like soo old. But still interesting.
Also works with any language. (at least I think so)

Hmmm i didnt know that it worked with any language. German would be a tricky one, either that or like chinese.

Yeah I'm not sure if it works with any language, but at least works with some other languages. And well, I guess your brain look at it the same way no matter which language it is.

Back
Top Bottom