Does England use the Euro?

Nope, we're still using good old £'s. Don't think we'll have the Euro for a while yet.

Please refer to it as Britain or the UK.

England is just a province, and not the whole nation. We have Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland as well.

Saying "England" to represent the whole UK is like saying "Florida" when you refer to the USA as a whole - it's just wrong.

But no, we don't have the Euro, because our Government suck :(

UK31337 said:
Please refer to it as Britain or the UK.

England is just a province, and not the whole nation. We have Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland as well.

Saying "England" to represent the whole UK is like saying "Florida" when you refer to the USA as a whole - it's just wrong.
i didnt know that, thats interesting, i thought that england was its own thing... wow

boardordi3 said:
i didnt know that, thats interesting, i thought that england was its own thing... wow

it's kinda like, when u are talking about this kinda stuff u don't say england. But then again if u like visit england u can say "yeah, I went to england last summer"
atleast that's what I do. Same thing with wales and the others. And my dad is from London, so I always say he is from England instead of saying he is from the UK.

Nah, we still use the pound.

UK31337, he was asking if England use the euro rather than the 'UK' - inc scotland, ireland wales etc as ireland already have the euro anyway.

republic of ireland, (Eire) have the euro... I think it might be eccepted in NI, but their currency is still £s

The pound is still the currency in Northern Ireland, some shops will offer exceptionally high exchange rates so you can use the euro, but you lose out big time.

I have my family coming down to see me in a couple of hours for the weekend from Co. Fermangh.

i dont want to see the euro, i think we need to stick to tradition and keep the sterling! £££

Back
Top Bottom