Does anyone study selfe defence?

I wonder if there really is a better art. When or if you master the art, which ever one it is, you'll humiliate the guy, just in a different way?

That's true to be fair, I was just mulling over how the fight would go really, in the street it can often turn to grappling which is why jujitsu came to mind, but I'm sure most the other arts would dispatch somebody just as easily.

LOL A person on PCP would never feel it. Nerve punches wouldn't work either. That's when the trusty Colt 45 auto come out and their head vanishes in a bloody cloud.

A true warrior sizes up the opponent and selects the appropriate weapon. Hand to hand doesn't always work so a weapon is required to neutralize the target. I used a compound or crossbow in a lot of cases because the target was reported to be skilled in martial arts. A wrist rocket was only good for close range. A sniper rifle was for those long range "reach out and touch some one" jobs. When ever I came to your village or town, people died quickly and quietly.

Last edited:
First off, the thread had the potential to become dark from the beginning. Second, I agree with Seti.... Your hands are enough at a close range, but even that is not always true. A glass ash tray in the right hands can do a lot of dammage. In fact, everything around you is a potential weapon if you can use enough immagionation.

I want to remind everyone.... If you have not been trained, please be careful of what advice you see in this thread that you use. You can and will get hurt.

---------- Post added at 08:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:13 PM ----------

LOL A person on PCP would never feel it. Nerve punches wouldn't work either. That's when the trusty Colt 45 auto come out and their head vanishes in a bloody cloud.

A true warrior sizes up the opponent and selects the appropriate weapon. Hand to hand doesn't always work so a weapon is required to neutralize the target. I used a compound or crossbow in a lot of cases because the target was reported to be skilled in martial arts. A wrist rocket was only good for close range. A sniper rifle was for those long range "reach out and touch some one" jobs. When ever I came to your village or town, people died quickly and quietly.
That is the first story I have ever heard from the Viatnam war (police action my butt!) that involved a crossbow. I would ask questions, but that is never right to do.

No problem, I'll respond to that.

The Chinese came up with the crossbow as a weapon for the common soldier. Using a full bow was difficult in that it required more upper body strength to pull back the string and make accurate shots. Being able to use a full bow was relegated to an elite group. As for cocking the crossbow, you put one foot on the bow and pull the string back with both hands until it's past the latch and let go. The string sits on the latch ready to fire.
The bolt is smaller but far more accurate than a full arrow which will bend along its shaft in flight. The bolt does not do that. The downside of a bolt is its range. About 50 meters is as far as you want to try for.

The crossbow can be fired from a prone position like a rifle. And it is so quiet.
I had 2 of them made for me by a archer in Brazil. One scaled down and the other full sized. The smaller I sent home. The full size I used on missions if it fit the job. Otherwise I wild boar hunted with it. We ate good.

I am dead serious. That was my job in the service. Selective targeting kept the bad guys off balance. I would slip in and take out just one person then get the f**k out of Dodge.

Back
Top Bottom