Does anyone here have a degree in computer science?

Guitarist970

Solid State Member
Right now I'm a freshman in college majoring in Biology with a minor in music. All I'm taking this year are classes for my minor so I have yet to take a bio or other science class, and lately I've been thinking about switching my major to comp sci. Since I have yet to start taking classes for my major this would be an ideal time to do the switch. So I guess my question is what can you do with a degree in computer science, would I work as IT or as a programer or what? Also if any of you don't mind admitting this what kind of money would I be looking at? I'm not out to be rich but I'd like to be able to make a comfortable living. Its either computer science or physics that I'm thinking about switching to and I would greatly appreciate any imput anyone here could offer me. Thanks in advance.

Computer Science will get you comfortable living easier than Phsyics would... but its all relative to the job you get the luck you have the places you live and so on.

I want a degree in Computer Science (starting 2006 so not long now... :D) and basically everything is good with a Computer Science Degree. If you can take it, and get a 2:1 I don't know how it is in America but the middle one then there isn't much you can't do jobwise. Microsoft of course is one; any other big company. Not always Programming; networking, research if you like Physics, administration, hardware development... cybernetics, anything really. Processor Archeitecture :D

Back
Top Bottom