Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 09-24-2006, 02:10 AM   #11
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to alvino
Default Re: Does anybody know of any stores in the denver metro area that sell dells?

Yeah, it would be nice to see Dell open up some stores. Apple did that and look how fun it is to go and play around with their stuff.

alvino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 08:22 AM   #12
The Candyman

Default Re: Does anybody know of any stores in the denver metro area that sell dells?

it's cheaper to sell straight from the web, than it is to lease a lot and staff it with personell, but i guess they should have at least one Dell Center for local business.

Old 09-24-2006, 09:22 AM   #13
Golden Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvino
Yeah, it would be nice to see Dell open up some stores. Apple did that and look how fun it is to go and play around with their stuff.
Yeah, Dell should open up a store...
LA061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 10:37 AM   #14
Golden Master

Send a message via Yahoo to Tommy Boy

Ordering a Dell - $500-$1,000

Driving to the Dell store - $10 in gas money

Sitting at home ordering a Dell in your underwear - PRICELESS

I still have the same old HP DV9700T laptop I've had for years...still kickin'
Tommy Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 11:45 AM   #15
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to DJ-CHRIS Send a message via MSN to DJ-CHRIS Send a message via Yahoo to DJ-CHRIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Boy

Complete pile of $()%*$ constantly crashing on you and them installing keyloggers before you buy it - OWNED
DJ-CHRIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 11:51 AM   #16
The Candyman

Quote:

that was good...lol.....but oh so true. have you ever noticed that every hospital & alot of business's use Dell computers ?
Old 09-24-2006, 11:58 AM   #17
Golden Master

With the hype around Apple's new Fifth Avenue store, Dell has decided to jump into the retail scene again. They had some stores using Sears as a front back in 2003 but that didn't last long, and they currently have 161 mall kiosks across the country. This time Dell is doing it Apple style and opening two 3000 square foot stores. The stores are showing up in the NorthPark Center in Dallas and the Palisades Center in West Nyack, NY -- both Apple locations -- but they won't have inventory. Looks like Denver won't be getting one anytime soon. Dell is going to stick with their direct model by offering online orders from their store, and will just use the retail store to showcase their products in action. They're still working out the details such as a Genius Bar equivalent.
Old 09-24-2006, 01:14 PM   #18
Golden Master

People might as well order online. The whole point of at Dell store is so you can directly buy products from them straight from the store to you, not have them arrange a order and have it shipped to your house.

Whenever I go to the mall, I might as well visit the little Dell kiosk and play around with the stuff there, go home and order whatever.
Old 09-24-2006, 01:58 PM   #19
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ-CHRIS
Complete pile of $()%*$ constantly crashing on you and them installing keyloggers before you buy it - OWNED
ha ha true! funny how when I had the original factory hard drive installed in my PC, it crashed almost every month. Now since I put my own in there it hasn't crashed yet. I think dell's putting more than keyloggers in there
Old 09-24-2006, 02:32 PM   #20
Golden Master

Crap happens. Manufacturing defects are common in the computer industry. Just because Dell installed it in the system doesn't mean it's their fault.