Do you like 3DTV?

wonderboy1953

In Runtime
Changes are rapidly occurring with 3DTV (i.e. dropping prices).

This new technology seems to be taking hold so I'm setting up a poll to get a better feel while learning about it. Would you care to share your experience? (administrator, can you delete the prior post I set up by accident?)

We have some of those $80 3D glasses here at school and I just saw jackass 3D a month or two ago and the 3D was pretty cool I thought. I haven't seen any 3D TVs yet though.

I find the 3D aspect is distracting and takes away from the experience, thus I don't enjoy the movie. plus the glasses aren't very comfortable.

undecided

I love going to the cinema and watching a film in 3D

but Ive seen lots of 3D TVs and I just dont get excited about the 3D, I think because the screen is much smaller and the 3D isnt as good as on the big screen / cinema

I can see it working in games a lot more than with films, and it has been with Nvidia 3D Vision for a while.
I agree that TV's just aren't big enough to get the most out of the 3D effect.

I've seen 3D films built for Imax 3D, and that impresses me. Litterally, objects fly right infront of your eyes since the screen and movie format is so huge.
The cinema on the other hand with 3D films, doesn't impress me as much,
It just gets worse when its on a small TV set. Stuff looks very flat

I won't be on board with 3dtv until they make it so you don't have to wear glasses. I think it's stupid to have to buy expensive 3d glasses to watch tv. I guess they're working on 3d without glasses though.

When manufacturers switch to passive 3D, I'll definitely be on board, but as of now, I think 3D TV is awful. The flickering from the glasses gave me a headache in about 10-15 seconds. My dad tried it and saw the flicker too.

Back
Top Bottom