Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 11-25-2006, 10:05 PM   #1
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to borat_sagdiyev Send a message via MSN to borat_sagdiyev
Default DO NOT buy vista guys

It sucks. It is not compatible with alot of xp programs and just crashes the programs, even when it is running the prog in xp compatibility mode. i dono how many times it has pissed me off today with not running xp programs

im not gunna buy it until they can prove to me it will run most xp programs. like come on, it doesnt even run nero properly.......

evga geforce 7600GT overclocked
borat_sagdiyev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 10:11 PM   #2
Fully Optimized

Default Re: DO NOT buy vista guys

erm.. how do you know this exactly?... it isn't commercially available until january isn't it?

| AMD 3800+ X2 Dual Core Processor | ASUS A8N-e nF4 Ultra | Hitachi Deskstar 250gb 3.0 gb/s | 1gb Corsair Value RAM 2x512 | eVGA geforce 6800GS | sound blaster live! 24-bit | NZXT Trinity Classic chassis | OCZ GameXStream OCZ700GXSSLI PSU |
I was there. In the networking forum for the first time, and it was because.. of 341
kchi55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 10:13 PM   #3
Fully Optimized

I'm with you there John, no vista for me. Heck, I spent all day installing kubuntu and it didn't work, just gave me the command prompt but when I tried it on another computer it worked fine. Not worth the hassle for me, I'm going mac as soon as I get the money sure I won't be able to run as many games, but I can always dual boot with XP and mac OS is very stable and the interface is incredible!
Old 11-25-2006, 10:13 PM   #4
Daemon Poster

Send a message via AIM to kyleman999 Send a message via MSN to kyleman999

i had the beta too but i think mine was an earlyer one, whenever id play music it would slowly slow down to a crawl then die and id have no music, couldnt install any softwarre or drivers... meh my dads going to buy it, i'll let him be the guinnie pig
AMD Athlon XP 2600+ Barton (running @ 2.21)--Asus A7N8X --1gb (2x512) DDR PC3200 --200gb WD 8mb cache 7200 RPM--40gb WD 2mb cache 5200 RPM --XFX GeForce 6600GT AGP 8x @ 588\1.14 --Creative Audigy2 7.1 ZS--CoolMax 400 wat PSU-- --Volcano 12+ CPU Fan--Overclocking Kit--Logitech Z-5300e's
kyleman999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 10:22 PM   #5
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by troy272
I'm with you there John, no vista for me. Heck, I spent all day installing kubuntu and it didn't work, just gave me the command prompt but when I tried it on another computer it worked fine. Not worth the hassle for me, I'm going mac as soon as I get the money sure I won't be able to run as many games, but I can always dual boot with XP and mac OS is very stable and the interface is incredible!
BTW, Kubuntu is a heap of utter total crap - just download regular Ubuntu and install KDE via Synaptic. Hell, even the Ubuntu community hate Kubuntu.

I'd dualboot a Mac too, trouble is I'm not convinced about how good the GPU is... it's all well and good being able to dualboot XP, but what's the point if my graphics card sucks too hard to run any games anyway?
Old 11-25-2006, 10:28 PM   #6
Golden Master

I like Ubuntu as well, but the fact of actually having to manually install the lame MP3 package and stuff, that's annoying. But, the most annoying problem, is that it locked up randomly at unstable state. Keep in mind, I have Breesy Badger.
lhuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 10:48 PM   #7
Fully Optimized

haha, some how all of these vista threads turn into ubuntu and kubuntu threads
| AMD 3800+ X2 Dual Core Processor | ASUS A8N-e nF4 Ultra | Hitachi Deskstar 250gb 3.0 gb/s | 1gb Corsair Value RAM 2x512 | eVGA geforce 6800GS | sound blaster live! 24-bit | NZXT Trinity Classic chassis | OCZ GameXStream OCZ700GXSSLI PSU |
I was there. In the networking forum for the first time, and it was because.. of 341
kchi55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 10:51 PM   #8
Golden Master

Vista will come out towards the end of January. More like January 30th 2007. I'll bet their final version will run much better than the Release Candidates. If not, there will be the usual Windows Updates and Service Packs released by Microsoft.

Does anyone even have the real copy of Vista? I know it's only available for businesses right now. I'm not talking about all the crap beta and RC either
Old 11-25-2006, 10:53 PM   #9
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by kchi55
haha, some how all of these vista threads turn into ubuntu and kubuntu threads
yeah sorry about that...

anyways, i've tried regular ubuntu as well and it didn't even load the live CD and I downloaded it twice and burned it to two different discs, guess my PC just hates linux! oh well, I'm still craving a mac! sure the GPUs aren't that great, but I'm not a heavy gamer and by the time I get one leopard will probably be out so the GPU's should be a bit better by then.
Old 11-25-2006, 10:54 PM   #10
Golden Master

Last time I've heard, they were to be the X1900XTX cards,

lhuser is offline   Reply With Quote