Do burglars strike twice?

We have a german shepard so burgurlary isnt really a problem for us , and if we ever did get a burgurlar and i was upstairs i would situate myself at the tiop of the stairs with something heavy like a chest of draws and if the burgurlar started coming up the stairs i would tell them if they come up any furthur i will drop the chest of drawers down on them , and then if they continued advancing then i would wait for them to get to about 2 thirsds up my stairs then drop it and whatever happens after that is just the luck of the draw but i am satisfied that i would be able to use defenses in the law in that case

That's sig line material right there.

I have read some crazy stories about crime in Europe. I feel bad for you. :mad: You guys can hardly protect yourselfs over there.

we can protect ourselves as far as the law is concerned to the same ammount that you can

I feel the same way many others do, You come into my home, Your asking to be shot. It really is a situation you have to assess when it happens. If you know the robber is armed and ready to kill for your stuff, By all means, Do what you have to do to protect yourself and your family. But more often than not, The minute a robber knows someone is onto them, They flee. A shotgun is a great deterrent as everyone knows the sound of a pumped Shotgun, Yet it also lets the robber know they're looking down the barrel of a shotgun, And once again, They usually bail out.

I look at it the way I said in the aforementioned,..Materialistic things can be replaced. If they want my T.V, Take it, Want my money, It's yours, Want my computer, Sure, Endanger my loved ones lives, I WILL kill you.

That is why our law sucks. Because they can break into your house, and you can't put a slug into their chest. Total BS.

If you know it was one guy, or two that are easily over powered, nothing beats a glock with surefire flash light. Get friends to cover all the exits (with the glock and the surefire), and make a citizen's arrest. I'm sure Sensi will tell you about that now.

Read up here: http://www.suarezinternational.com/harries.html

those surefires will blind the dude long enough to get him under control (and bound until cops come?).

That is why our law sucks. Because they can break into your house, and you can't put a slug into their chest. Total BS.

If you know it was one guy, or two that are easily over powered, nothing beats a glock with surefire flash light. Get friends to cover all the exits (with the glock and the surefire), and make a citizen's arrest. I'm sure Sensi will tell you about that now.

Read up here: http://www.suarezinternational.com/harries.html

those surefires will blind the dude long enough to get him under control (and bound until cops come?).

I wanted to get a surefire, but it was too much money, and they use proprietary battery's.

I got a 3D Maglite with 3W LED bulb, as bright as the surefires however quite a bit larger.

I wanted to get a surefire, but it was too much money, and they use proprietary battery's.

I got a 3D Maglite with 3W LED bulb, as bright as the surefires however quite a bit larger.

ahhhh, but does it have the pronged tips that you can used to defend yourself?
And can it stop a bullet?

The thing about a flash light is, unless its bright enough to blind someone, all its gonna do is give away your location.

All I'm saying is 500 lumens in this dude: http://www.surefire.com/maxexp/main/co_disp/displ/prrfnbr/419/sesent/00 will blind whoever you point it at long enough to get control of them.

of you could get this dude: http://www.surefire.com/maxexp/main/co_disp/displ/prrfnbr/23004/sesent/00 or this one: http://www.surefire.com/maxexp/main/co_disp/displ/prrfnbr/403/sesent/00 if you wanna save a bit of money. He'll also blind people.

ahhhh, but does it have the pronged tips that you can used to defend yourself?
And can it stop a bullet?

No three pronged tips, but due to the size it's a far more effective weapon than a strike bezel.

And why does stopping a bullet with a flashlight matter? Unless a bullet hits flat on, they would just be rejected by either type and likely go crashing into the person holding it.

No three pronged tips, but due to the size it's a far more effective weapon than a strike bezel.

And why does stopping a bullet with a flashlight matter? Unless a bullet hits flat on, they would just be rejected by either type and likely go crashing into the person holding it.

Yea, with those big as $(@* maglites you might as well just use the thing the nail the guy in the head.

and about stopping a bullet, I'm just saying how well constructed the surefire lights are. I've read stories where it made a difference.

But as long as it can blind the dude then its good.

I feel the same way you do on the matter, But legally, Whole new ballgame. Legally, If someone broke into your home and was in the process of stealing EVERY LAST thing you owned, You can not, I repeat, CAN NOT shoot them. The only grounds for you using deadly force are if you or your families life is in danger, and by God you better pray you can prove that it was.
I'm in criminal law class, and the class is taught by a former cop. In Texas anyway, as long as they are in your house, you can shoot them if they are trespassing. Once they make it outside, you can't or it's a crime. So the law on that kinda varies by state I guess. I guess the choice on that one is if you want a dead guy bleeding all over your house or let him get away with some of your stuff...lol.

Back
Top Bottom