DJ'ing Tonight

ssc456

Fully Optimized
Hey people,

i know i keep coming on and off this forum for a couple of days at a time but i like the advice here :D

I've been really concentrating on my DJ;ing lately and tonight i've bin given the chance to DJ at a nightclub on my own!! nervous!!

I'm pretty good, i've been doing it with my cousin at the same club for the last few weeks and it's been ok but that was his night and i jus pitched in, tonight is completely my responsibility and i'm terrified lol.

any tips or advice for calming nerves?

I'm DJ;ing from 12 - 0600am and my main concern is having enough tunes to make it through the night.

HELP, very nervous!!!

Hey people,

i know i keep coming on and off this forum for a couple of days at a time but i like the advice here :D

I've been really concentrating on my DJ;ing lately and tonight i've bin given the chance to DJ at a nightclub on my own!! nervous!!

I'm pretty good, i've been doing it with my cousin at the same club for the last few weeks and it's been ok but that was his night and i jus pitched in, tonight is completely my responsibility and i'm terrified lol.

any tips or advice for calming nerves?

I'm DJ;ing from 12 - 0600am and my main concern is having enough tunes to make it through the night.

HELP, very nervous!!!

You'll be all right when you get up there everyone be concentrating on trying to score anyway :p

^^this, and as long as the music don't stop..and as long as you have a good mix of stuff to try and please everyone a little.
I don't mind listening to dance music, but I still like to here a little bit of rock n roll here and there.
Nobody is going to dance to it but it gives the people that are dancing a break and get a refill. and the metal heads get to enjoy something they like.

Hey everyone!!!!

Sorry for the delayed response i was DJ'ing at the club till 6am then i had my brothers stag do to go to at 10am so a bit of a hectic weekend!!

anyways, it went ok actually. I wasn't as nervous as i thought i was going to be. My mixing wasn't an issue (atleats i didn;t think lol) but the problem was just having enough tunes to last the night. I mean i've got thousands and thousands of tunes but i found there was only a small selection that was getting a REALLY good reaction and i found that i played all of the most recent pop tunes and big club tunes then i'd run out of that little genre and try playing somethign a little different or a little older and then people would start coming up to me with requests askign me to play the same tune i played like half an hour ago?

So yeah was definitely a good experience but found it tricky managing my tunes and their expectations and trying to please them but overall was absolutely brilliant :D and the buzz i got when i dropped some really big tunes and their reaction was awesome!!

Back
Top Bottom