DJing

StratosP

Fully Optimized
Well, I'm 13 and I'm interested in DJing....I got Virtual DJ Pro installed on my computer..it's an okay product, I'm still learning and it's hard..I'm also thinking of buying a mixer or an effector or something off Pioneer...what do you guys think..spend my money on my mixer first then by my dream PC?

My dream is to be a world famous DJ like Tiesto or Armin Van Buren, and Showtek is pretty good too....

Anyone have any tips with DJing...I have a couple months of experiences, I've made some mixes which are okay and yeah :D

If you have any DJ tips, software recommendations, hardware recommendations or whatever, I'll take it..

The only thing stopping me from learning to DJ is school..I'm thinking of dropping out at 15 (legal age) and start a computer business as well as practice my DJing...

Once again, any tips are GREATLY appreciated, I know I can trust this communit

EDIT: if its any help I want to mix/create trance, techno, dance, electro music

If I'm correct, I think DJ Chris knows quite a bit about that stuff. Or maybe it's just because his username is DJ Chris. :p

I'm good with dj as I have been to forums and asked myself.

what do you want just a pc and a mixer> its awful man i do that myself, you need to decks or the cd mixing equipment because its hands free if you get me, you have to click on a pc, but when you have the tools, you can switch things with your fingers rather then being slow and clicking.

I need to know, what do you want to do create trance? then you need producing software

remix trance and dance and all that? well simple, buy cd mixer or decks/mixer, and remix it.

also i like your kind of music, just what i have, thousand of music on with electro dance trance

And I see you wanna be like tiesto lol at that, its all art man, he was born for music lol.

Learn and you'll be like him, or close to.

It's all about practise, don't expect to look at the mixer and listen to the tunes and mix them, you'll be like this is boring blah blah, well, when you play around with tracks while mixing, you will learn alot and alot of new things like I did.

Also its all about timing when you have decs/cd mixer, sync it in and syncing all your other equipment with each other, can take time but count your beats, and figure out the BPM in order to get that smooth sync.

bpm counter can also be found on mix master download on google.com

I have on been doing it since feb so I can't help you out lots, but theirs hopefully a few tips

Also, here is one, ok, check this out, you might like this, what i will do now is record a track, and bring on anther track. and tell you what i did, let me go do it.

Ok here, I used 3 tracks, looped 1, and I let 1 loop aswell, now I was timing it for the kick in, just as it kicked in, i let the bass drop in on the other track leaving 1 with the bass on but low, if the bass is fully off it can sound abit, umm off.

its hard to explain, maybe i can post vids showing you, show you when i got home to my equipment but here is a quick remix:

2 random songs and then 3rd one is at the end :) the3rd song is the best.

btw, these might sound abit strange, but it's just 2 random songs what i chose, their quite cool lol in a strange way

4:45 the sick song kicks in, sound shit hot!! then kicks in at 5:40

like it?
http://www.2shared.com/file/4096733/40b73265/f_online.html
that's how i mix :) on pc :)

1st thing is 1st, b4 you start, get a play list, picking random songs is kinda crap, sometimes you can't get the correct song, so you can mess things up if you are to late, done it b4, infact i do it alot lol

O here is another tip, buy good equipment, buying cheap stuff is bad, unless you just want to mix

Well, I'm 13 and I'm interested in DJing....I got Virtual DJ Pro installed on my computer..it's an okay product, I'm still learning and it's hard..I'm also thinking of buying a mixer or an effector or something off Pioneer...what do you guys think..spend my money on my mixer first then by my dream PC?

My dream is to be a world famous DJ like Tiesto or Armin Van Buren, and Showtek is pretty good too....

Anyone have any tips with DJing...I have a couple months of experiences, I've made some mixes which are okay and yeah :D

If you have any DJ tips, software recommendations, hardware recommendations or whatever, I'll take it..

The only thing stopping me from learning to DJ is school..I'm thinking of dropping out at 15 (legal age) and start a computer business as well as practice my DJing...

Once again, any tips are GREATLY appreciated, I know I can trust this communit

EDIT: if its any help I want to mix/create trance, techno, dance, electro music

DJ'ing and music production are very different. DJ'ing is mixing songs together in a seamless flow (like you see in a good club). Production is creating songs from scratch, nowadays typically using software like ableton live, pro tools, logic, etc. There are some people that blue the lines between DJ'ing and music production, but these people are very skilled and very rare.

DJ'ing is a fairly expensive hobby, as the hardware requires quite an investment, as well as thousands of dollars of music. Pirated dance music doesn't work great, as the majority of it is ripped from other DJ's mixes which makes it hard to mix, and sound like crap.

I DJ dirty house / electro house / progressive house and progressive trance / anthem trance and have been DJ'ing for 5 years or so, with quite a few breaks. Even though I sometimes play gigs, I don't do much of it at all due to lack of time commitment, and due to a very small demand here.

Feel free to add my msn or aim in my profile, always happy to help someone out :)

PS: Tiesto's a moron, you don't want to be like him.

Antdemo, thanks I'll give that a go after school.

DJ-Chris: I'm pretty much interested in music production and DJing, I'm prepared to learn, I'll even put it before my schooling if I have to since there's only a term left and in Year 7 doesn't matter about grades.

And how would I buy music that I can mix instead of the pirated ones on the internet? I usually download everything because you can't find things cheap at 13 in Melbourne, Australia. By the way how is DJ Tiesto a moron, I probably don't watch enough TV lol

And if there's any hardware or software like (Virtual DJ, Frooty Loops or some Pioneer ProDJ equipment) that you would like to recommend me, thanks!

-All your help has been great!
-Stratos

no worries.

dj chris has never liked him lol.

On the internet they sell cheap cd;s

also like chris said alberton live or something like that, kind of hard never got my head around it, always used virtual because i've never really wanted to produce as its hard.

I use Virtual DJ Pro atm...don't know if it's good for production though.

don't drop out. Thats my advise.

I want to be as good as a drummer as mike portnoy, but I'm not gonna drop out of school to play drums more.

Back
Top Bottom