disable

Umm if you mean what I think you mean, then msconfig should solve the problem..

Lol well... I think you could password protect or encrypt the file, so it has to ask to you open it...

ArrizX said:
Lol well... I think you could password protect or encrypt the file, so it has to ask to you open it...
not workin, and how wud i use msconfig to disable program acess?

boardordi3 said:
not workin, and how wud i use msconfig to disable program acess?

you can't, he thought you meant you wanted to stop a program from opening at startup.

If you remove the program out of different profiles on your computer and make it exclusive to just your profile on your OS then that might be able to disable access from others if thats what you want.

msconfig has a section of all the programs that open on startup. so if you talking about a program that opens on startup then just take it off of the list.

if your talking one that opens randomly and not at startup theres either A: a program opening the program, or B: a trigger from a website, or a connection your your computer, or something like that.

so disable all programs you dont recognize at startup, and if that doesnt work, disconnect your computer from the internet and see if it opens up then, if either of those answer it, then you know what the cause is and can find an answer.

or if you just dont want someone opening a program on your computer, install it somewhere in your documents, and allow access to your documents to only you, and dont install shortcuts

Paradox said:
msconfig has a section of all the programs that open on startup. so if you talking about a program that opens on startup then just take it off of the list.

if your talking one that opens randomly and not at startup theres either A: a program opening the program, or B: a trigger from a website, or a connection your your computer, or something like that.

so disable all programs you dont recognize at startup, and if that doesnt work, disconnect your computer from the internet and see if it opens up then, if either of those answer it, then you know what the cause is and can find an answer.

or if you just dont want someone opening a program on your computer, install it somewhere in your documents, and allow access to your documents to only you, and dont install shortcuts

i think the hint from paradox here is that you need to specify your reasoning for wanting to do what you are saying :)

Yeah.. Question was too broad, so I try to give answers to whatever he coulda been asking

okay, well, i need to go buy a new os, but i have my comp being used as a server for my webcam, but i keep getting spam and adware attacks, soo yeah

Back
Top Bottom