Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 10-07-2005, 07:29 PM   #61
Guru
 
Lord Kalthorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Britain
Posts: 13,293
Send a message via MSN to Lord Kalthorn
Default

California (that's up your bum and round the corner, if you didn't know)

Haha, nah, around. Stuff, you know how it is.
__________________

__________________
A Knight is sworn to Honour. His heart knows only Virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His might upholds the Weak. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the Wicked.
Lord Kalthorn is offline  
Old 10-08-2005, 02:42 AM   #62
Golden Master
 
Brookfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 10,056
Default Re: Did You Know??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Kalthorn
I've never been able to understand the whole racism thing people are always moaning about. Maybe its more in America or other places, lol, but its not in the majority of places I go around, even London.
You must go around with your eyes shut then, or your haunts are exclusiive clubs only, I think it's safe to say that nearly every city, or large town in England have racial problems, even more so now since 9/11, etc, as I said in an earlier post, even where I live on little ol' Isle of Wight, racism is rearing it's very ugly head, as for Portsmouth, where I was born, it's now officially the worst city in the south for this, get about more.
__________________

Brookfield is offline  
Old 10-08-2005, 03:30 AM   #63
Daemon Poster
 
wozelbeak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 1,324
Default Re: Did You Know??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maurice
You must go around with your eyes shut then, or your haunts are exclusiive clubs only, I think it's safe to say that nearly every city, or large town in England have racial problems, even more so now since 9/11, etc, as I said in an earlier post, even where I live on little ol' Isle of Wight, racism is rearing it's very ugly head, as for Portsmouth, where I was born, it's now officially the worst city in the south for this, get about more.
i don't think you are correct. the town i live in has not got a racial problem.
there may be one or two racial incidents, but that does not amount to a racial problem. we have one or two muggings a month, but is not a mugging problem, it is merely a continuation of what goes on all over the world. i know some areas around Bradford do have racial problems, mainly between asians and whites. that is mostly stired up by political parties around elections.

woz
__________________
PENTIUM 4 3.06 GHZ WITH HT TECHNOLOGY
wozelbeak is offline  
Old 10-08-2005, 03:41 AM   #64
Golden Master
 
Brookfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 10,056
Default Re: Did You Know??

Quote:
Originally Posted by wozelbeak
i don't think you are correct. the town i live in has not got a racial problem.
there may be one or two racial incidents, but that does not amount to a racial problem. we have one or two muggings a month, but is not a mugging problem, it is merely a continuation of what goes on all over the world. i know some areas around Bradford do have racial problems, mainly between asians and whites. that is mostly stired up by political parties around elections.

woz
I didn't say large racial problems, but surely even a few racial incidents, large or small, can be called a racial problem for that area?
You are lucky to live in the town that you do.
Brookfield is offline  
Old 10-08-2005, 07:46 PM   #65
Guru
 
Lord Kalthorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Britain
Posts: 13,293
Send a message via MSN to Lord Kalthorn
Default

Hmmm... I'm not sure what you mean by a racial problem? Sounds like a racist remark to me Haha.

You don't get rid of a 'racial problem', if indeed there is one, by going around saying there's a racial problem and saying everybody should be nice to each other and we should all hold hands and dance the funky mumba. My personal answer to it is to not care eitherway. It will happen, you will not change people's opinions about people; coloured or not, muslim or christian, straight or gay, everybody is essentially the same. Just because somebody is in a minority of any kind doesn't mean if you're in a majority that you should change what you talk about or do just because you're talking to a person in a minority. Then, suddenly, there are no minorities. You create just as many social gaps when you place more tact on people as you do when you place less tact on people. If you have a racist joke, who is to say a black guy would not find it just as funny as a white guy? Just like if you're gay and you have a pussy joke, you wouldn't not say it just because you were with a straight person. Or if you're a guy and you have a sexist joke, you don't just not say it because there's a girl around. Who is to say the girl would not find it as funny as the guy?

It just confuses me; people create too many standards.
__________________
A Knight is sworn to Honour. His heart knows only Virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His might upholds the Weak. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the Wicked.
Lord Kalthorn is offline  
Old 10-09-2005, 01:09 AM   #66
Daemon Poster
 
wozelbeak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 1,324
Default Re: Did You Know??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Kalthorn
Hmmm... I'm not sure what you mean by a racial problem? Sounds like a racist remark to me Haha.

You don't get rid of a 'racial problem', if indeed there is one, by going around saying there's a racial problem and saying everybody should be nice to each other and we should all hold hands and dance the funky mumba. My personal answer to it is to not care eitherway. It will happen, you will not change people's opinions about people; coloured or not, muslim or christian, straight or gay, everybody is essentially the same. Just because somebody is in a minority of any kind doesn't mean if you're in a majority that you should change what you talk about or do just because you're talking to a person in a minority. Then, suddenly, there are no minorities. You create just as many social gaps when you place more tact on people as you do when you place less tact on people. If you have a racist joke, who is to say a black guy would not find it just as funny as a white guy? Just like if you're gay and you have a pussy joke, you wouldn't not say it just because you were with a straight person. Or if you're a guy and you have a sexist joke, you don't just not say it because there's a girl around. Who is to say the girl would not find it as funny as the guy?

It just confuses me; people create too many standards.
point 1: "My personal answer to it is to not care eitherway." if everyone had the same attitude we would still be in the dark old days of aparthide!

point 2: it is actualy wrong to call black people coloured. they are black, not coluored.

point3: "If you have a racist joke, who is to say a black guy would not find it just as funny as a white guy?" how can you think that? you would not go into a black district in london, and tell the locals a couple of your rascist jokes would you? no because you would get lynched!!

woz
__________________
PENTIUM 4 3.06 GHZ WITH HT TECHNOLOGY
wozelbeak is offline  
Old 10-09-2005, 01:19 AM   #67
Fully Optimized
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 3,275
Send a message via ICQ to DJ Stephen Send a message via AIM to DJ Stephen Send a message via MSN to DJ Stephen Send a message via Yahoo to DJ Stephen
Default Re: Did You Know??

Stop fighting lol or the thread will be locked, if i can find the button :P
DJ Stephen is offline  
Old 10-09-2005, 01:25 AM   #68
Daemon Poster
 
wozelbeak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 1,324
Default Re: Did You Know??

Stop Fighting ?????????????????
__________________
PENTIUM 4 3.06 GHZ WITH HT TECHNOLOGY
wozelbeak is offline  
Old 10-09-2005, 01:33 AM   #69
Fully Optimized
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 3,275
Send a message via ICQ to DJ Stephen Send a message via AIM to DJ Stephen Send a message via MSN to DJ Stephen Send a message via Yahoo to DJ Stephen
Default Re: Did You Know??

lol, i woz joking, it looked as if you were argueing then i looked and thought ops, i was joking.lol
DJ Stephen is offline  
Old 10-09-2005, 02:18 AM   #70
Fully Optimized
 
Paradox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 2,913
Send a message via AIM to Paradox Send a message via MSN to Paradox Send a message via Yahoo to Paradox
Default Re: Did You Know??

Did you know this thread wasn't supposed to turn into a racism debate?

Did you know that Murder has a double meaning?
1: To take the life of another
2: A Flock of Crows
__________________

__________________
ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWAH

Xbox Live: Error Lord
Personal Email: HunterMRose[at]gmail.com
Aim: Error Lord
Paradox is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0