Did You Know??

Status
Not open for further replies.
retribution goes on anywhere in the world, between any races in the world and between any religions in the world.
the people who Perpetrated those attacks against the muslems, probably did not know what religion they were. a similiar thing has happened to our local shop keeper who is a Sikh! some brainless idiots think because of his skin colour he is automaticaly a muslem!
just this week a prodestant-catholic killing happened in Belfast and hit the news. that was not a colour issue.
woz

wozelbeak said:
just this week a prodestant-catholic killing happened in Belfast and hit the news. that was not a colour issue.
woz

Yeah, I don't get that at all. It's the same God, after all.

wozelbeak said:
retribution goes on anywhere in the world, between any races in the world and between any religions in the world.
the people who Perpetrated those attacks against the muslems, probably did not know what religion they were. a similiar thing has happened to our local shop keeper who is a Sikh! some brainless idiots think because of his skin colour he is automaticaly a muslem!
woz
Yes in N.I., you could be "sky blue pink" as they say, religion is the root of 99% of "the troubles"

wozelbeak said:
did you know that in Great Britain, mixed race marriages are prety common.
also black people and white people generaly live side by side in perfect harmony.
i posted this because my brother has moved to the US and tells me that it is not like this over there!
i must say i am shocked as i thought that the US was the most integrated society in the world.
where i live, we all get on just fine, black/white or any other colour. although i might add that some of the asian community tend to live close to each other, but that is not exclusive.
woz

Yeah, the United States probably talks the most but does the least about racial issues. There's so much racism here.... It's pretty embarrassing.

malbuc87uk said:
Did you know...

Madrid is the only European capital city not situated on a river?

I found more "Did you know?" stuff at http://www.kellys.com/know.html

sorry but I must disagree with u.

Madrid is not the only one. Don't know if there is any other ones but in Helsinki there is not any major rivers.

Didn't read much of that page but I think also this has a mistake in it:

# No animal, once frozen solid (i.e., water solidifies and turns to ice) survives when thawed, because the ice crystals formed inside cells would break open the cell membranes. However there are certain frogs that can survive the experience of being frozen. These frogs make special proteins which prevent the formation of ice (or at least keep the crystals from becoming very large), so that they actually never freeze even though their body temperature is below zero Celsius. The water in them remains liquid: a phenomenon known as 'supercooling.' If you disturb one of these frogs (just touching them even), the water in them quickly freezes solid and they die.

If I remember correctly scorpions can survive even if their bodytemperature goes to -3C. So the frogs are not the only ones.

Well the problem is that people just dont want to hold onto their racism. Just yesterday i was driving and some guy was edging over so i honked cause i didnt want him to hit me so as im tryin to take a turn he pulls infront of me to trap me and comes over and reaches his hand into my car thru the window that i was stupid enough to leave open and tried to strangle my friend. He was some ghetto black guy. Luckily i had backed up a lil and had room to get thru but its stuff like how he said "stupid white boy wanna honk at me?" as he was reaching in. If I hadnt been in a black neigborhood I woulda gotten out and beaten his ass cause i could have. I had tried very hard to look beyond the color lines and give black ppl a good chance(my family is from the south so i was subconciously programed to be racist) and I get stabbed in the back. Its pathetic.

ChuNalt787 said:
Well the problem is that people just dont want to hold onto their racism. Just yesterday i was driving and some guy was edging over so i honked cause i didnt want him to hit me so as im tryin to take a turn he pulls infront of me to trap me and comes over and reaches his hand into my car thru the window that i was stupid enough to leave open and tried to strangle my friend. He was some ghetto black guy. Luckily i had backed up a lil and had room to get thru but its stuff like how he said "stupid white boy wanna honk at me?" as he was reaching in. If I hadnt been in a black neigborhood I woulda gotten out and beaten his ass cause i could have. I had tried very hard to look beyond the color lines and give black ppl a good chance(my family is from the south so i was subconciously programmed to be racist) and I get stabbed in the back. Its pathetic.
For what it's worth, I am always amazed at the sheer hippocracy of some American whites, their ancesters imported black slaves, mainly from Africa, & they still can't move with the times, I heard once of a black American who fought alongside whites in Korea, & got highly decorated for gallantry, he came back to his home town & got on a bus from the rail station in his uniform, to get to his mother's house, several white passengers came up to him & told him to get off the bus, it was for whites only, he told them that had fought in Korea, & had earnt the right to be there, they held him, gouged his eyes out, & threw him in the road, telling the black driver to drive on, there's only one other place in the world that treated blacks almost as bad as that, South Africa before apartheid was outlawed, & it still goes on there now, not so bad, but they are still killing blacks, not as many, but they are doing it secretly, leaving the bodies stuffed in viaducts etc.
I'm not a hippocrate, at least I hope not, but some blacks living in England are downright trouble makers, they are not American blacks, they have big big chips on their shoulders , picking violent fights with whites, some of our whites are as bad, they are picking the fights, it's a right mess, and this violence is getting worse, nothing to do with drugs, that's another story, it's plain & simple race hatred, it's shamefull, in whichever country it happens.

I've never been able to understand the whole racism thing people are always moaning about. Maybe its more in America or other places, lol, but its not in the majority of places I go around, even London.

Lord Kalthorn said:
I've never been able to understand the whole racism thing people are always moaning about. Maybe its more in America or other places, lol, but its not in the majority of places I go around, even London.

(Where have you been!? :mad: )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom