Did You Know??

Status
Not open for further replies.
cantona said:
Did you know that 99nasha apparently has a 10" one?

When did I say that!!! :confused:

*Although difficult, it's possible to start a fire by rapidly rubbing together two Cool Ranch Doritos

*The world's smartest pig, owned by a mathematics teacher in Madison, WI, memorized the multiplication tables up to 12.

*The increased electricity used by modern appliances is causing a shift in the Earth's magnetic field. By the year 2327, the North Pole will be located in mid-Kansas, while the South Pole will be just off the coast of East Africa.

*SCUBA divers cannot pass gas at depths of 33 feet or below.

*Replying more than 100 times to the same piece of spam e-mail will overwhelm the sender's system and interfere with their ability to send any more spam.

*You *can* get blood from a stone, but only if contains at least 17 percent bauxite.

*The typewriter was invented by Hungarian immigrant Qwert Yuiop, who left his "signature" on the keyboard.

*Human saliva has a boiling point three times that of regular water.

*Urine from male cape water buffaloes is so flammable that some tribes use it for lantern fuel.

*Never hold your nose and cover your mouth when sneezing, as it can blow out your eyeballs.

*Coca-Cola was the favored drink of Pharaoh Ramses. An inscription found in his tomb, when translated, was found to be almost identical to the recipe used today.

Not going to go there(*point up to the last post by 99nasha*.. hehe no pun intended...)

Did you know:

Females are taking back the world..no really..its not such a 'mans world' after all now :D

Did you know that when you bleed, say you cut yourself that it sometimes give ones-self pleasure, because of the release of endorphins in the blood, i just find this out last night./yesty..so me is clever...'experiment' ;)

Did you know that 'christianity' or other religions are on the rise, this year it seems mostly..from all of the disasters and all going on( made by me, just look around at the world, you learn alot from standing back and watching)

*Did'ya know there is a song that is sposed to make people go 'crazy' so to say and a radio station once put it on here and it really did, i forgot what song it was and the exact facts but its from somewhere on the net..google if you dont belive me..

theres others but i forgot some goodies, did ya know facts are interesting! :p

edit:*
my mistake~
"Gloomy Sunday" is the song, a cursed song

spank_fusion said:
I'm pretty sure "peneth" isn't even a word.

[Goes to check....]

Yep, definitely not a word. Unless I see some good reference on the phrase, I'll assume it's a misnomer.

P.S. Nice info, nash.

well im pretty sure yep aint a word
(goes to check)
yes and i was correct yep aint a word, but you use it, so i guess that now i have had my ten PENETH worth i can rest my case lol.
woz

99nasha said:
*The typewriter was invented by Hungarian immigrant Qwert Yuiop, who left his "signature" on the keyboard.

Um, I dont know who it was that told you that.. But They Lied, The Type Writer was invented in ABCD~ Format, But people could type so fast that they broke the type writers and that costed companies too much money so They stategicaly placed the letters to slow people down. The most unused letters in the american alphabet; z,x,q,w, Are furthest away from the center of the group because they were ofcourse rarely used.

The vowels were placed further away from the center in an effort to slow us down (however the not as common vowels yuio were placed in a row on top [Close together because it is rare to type y,u,i, or o right after each other]).
Then the average letters fill in the middle.

Why is rt next to e? there are alot of ter words (the keys did not let you slide your finger either so they placed r before t so you could tap t, lift and tap e then lift and tap r.

They proceeded to place the other letters in a complex logical sequence, And at the last of the letter placement they had jkl left over and placed them in order in the center row.

They left numbers in a row because what kind of moron would place 84629371065? lol

Ever wonder why the control numbers are placed at the bottom while the Function keys are placed on the top? So do I, I do know space is at the bottom because the thumb had nothing else to do.

Quite Interesting

What I wonder is: Why don't they start making ABCD~ Format Keyboards for people that do not know how to type and slowly but surely theye become the more prefered keyboards? People could type upwards of 300 WPM on those things, Thats 100 More words a minute I could be coding lol Its not like we'll break the keyboard that way, those type writers were fragile

</useless babel>

Edit: Did you know the Earth is called the earth because The Greeks believed the world to be flat and The Greek Word For The Ground is Earth? Lol We Live on the Ground

Did you know that this thread is is like 6 months old now?

and did you know mods get annoyed when you bring old threads up again?!?!

but your a newbie so i guess you know not to do it again now :)

Yeah, we get very annoyed... :p I mean seriously seriously seriously, throw computers out of the window type annoyed.

But yeah, don't bring up old threads please.

Think we should lock this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom