Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 05-20-2006, 09:48 PM   #1
Daemon Poster

Default Did anyone crack the code??

Hey I just started reading the Da Vinci Code today, lol. I'm going to read the book before I watch the movie when I noticed something on the cover of the book. There were some weird letters on the front that looked like gibberish. However at a second glance, something came to me. Leonardo Da Vinci was very paranoid about his work so he did weird things, leave messages in things, etc. I remembered in school that he learned how to write backwards, and that was one of his secret languages, so I tried putting the cover to a mirror and this is what I got. Lemme kno if anyone else noticed this..

" Praised, will reveal the truth to thee and helps to keep her seatter's family whole."

I am unsure if I got that last part right, but fill free to give your comments about this.

Old 05-20-2006, 10:11 PM   #2
Daemon Poster

Default Re: Did anyone crack the code??

Hmmm interesting. Your really smart to figure all that stuff out. i see a future puzzle person. I dont think many people realize that stuff on the cover of the book.

Old 05-20-2006, 10:13 PM   #3
BSOD

Send a message via AIM to Trivium Nate

woah cool and kind of creepy
Trivium Nate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 10:19 PM   #4
In Runtime

yea; i saw that too, I read the book a while ago; but I remember that if you read through the book'; ull understand that quote better
Old 05-20-2006, 11:59 PM   #5
In Runtime

Send a message via MSN to Luiz396

Lol, I really like Dan Brown's books, his novels are just cool, they don't let you get away, once you begin, you don't wanna stop. When they began with the movie thing I asked a friend for the book, and read it in two days ... That book is just awesome.

About Da Vinci, that guy was nuts, he was always inventing new things, he was like paranoid and stuff :P.

Soy Dominicano!!
Luiz396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 02:24 AM   #6
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to mammikoura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luiz396
About Da Vinci, that guy was nuts, he was always inventing new things, he was like paranoid and stuff :P.
Yeah, and he like never finished any of his designs.
I keep wondering, if he would have taken the time to finish one design and then move to the next one how different would this world be right now?
mammikoura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 05:00 AM   #7
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to mark thorpe Send a message via Yahoo to mark thorpe

Dan Brown is an awsome author, i love his books.. ive read all of them several times, lol

cant wait to watch the da vinci code either...

Winston Churchill, 11/30/1874 - 01/24/1965
mark thorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 09:55 AM   #8
Golden Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerfectSK
Hey I just started reading the Da Vinci Code today, lol. I'm going to read the book before I watch the movie when I noticed something on the cover of the book. There were some weird letters on the front that looked like gibberish. However at a second glance, something came to me. Leonardo Da Vinci was very paranoid about his work so he did weird things, leave messages in things, etc. I remembered in school that he learned how to write backwards, and that was one of his secret languages, so I tried putting the cover to a mirror and this is what I got. Lemme kno if anyone else noticed this..

" Praised, will reveal the truth to thee and helps to keep her seatter's family whole."

I am unsure if I got that last part right, but fill free to give your comments about this.
Wow... I've never done that with a book cover (Gets all my books and tries)
LA061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 10:45 AM   #9
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to Nik00117 Send a message via MSN to Nik00117 Send a message via Yahoo to Nik00117

SOme histrioians debate if he simply wrote differently. He was never a heavly eduacted child and he could o fjust naturally developed the skill without being pariod.
Old 05-21-2006, 04:37 PM   #10
Daemon Poster

Well at the time, the Church was freaking crazy. They could just lock you up if the stuff you were putting out didn't agree with their ideas. Like Copernicus said the solar system revolved around the sun, but the church said it revolved around the earth. I say he had some reason behind his paranoia.