Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 02-13-2007, 03:43 AM   #21
Golden Master
 
Brookfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 10,056
Default Re: Diamonds from your dead relatives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlasseyeUK
If my next of kin get into financial difficulties, and I have been turned into a diamond (ok this is sounding really surreal) then at least I may of been of some use if they can sell me and the money got from that helps them get back on their feet, even though I would of been dead I would still be able to help them.
That makes it clearer, wow, that is a very tender thought, well worth praise!, so a rep point for you.
__________________

Brookfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 03:54 AM   #22
BSOD
 
Jenox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,156
Default Re: Diamonds from your dead relatives.

Hmm...I wonder if you can use the body over the coarse of multiple diamonds. Say, Grandpa's upper half for a ring and the lower for an earring?
__________________

Jenox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 05:11 AM   #23
Golden Master
 
Brookfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 10,056
Default Re: Diamonds from your dead relatives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenox
Hmm...I wonder if you can use the body over the coarse of multiple diamonds. Say, Grandpa's upper half for a ring and the lower for an earring?
I don't see why not, but the cost would be doubled, due to two processes being carried out, say $/6000
Brookfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 07:46 AM   #24
Golden Master
 
Kage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 13,873
Send a message via MSN to Kage
Default Re: Diamonds from your dead relatives.

Its an expression to mean, help them get back to how they want to be, or should be, caused by a problem.

Strange thought I agree, but in a way, kind of sweet if not sold on, but kept for example.
__________________
Abit IP35 Pro / Q6600 G0 / Zalman 9700 / 8800GTS 640mb / 4x 2GB Corsair XMS / X-FI Xtreme M / 1x 1TB / Antec 900 / Logitech Z-5500 / Samsung 20inch
Kage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 08:14 AM   #25
Golden Master
 
Brookfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 10,056
Default Re: Diamonds from your dead relatives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kage
Its an expression to mean, help them get back to how they want to be, or should be, caused by a problem.

Strange thought I agree, but in a way, kind of sweet if not sold on, but kept for example.
Definitely don't sell on!!
Brookfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 01:51 PM   #26
BSOD
 
Jenox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,156
Default Re: Diamonds from your dead relatives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brookfield
I don't see why not, but the cost would be doubled, due to two processes being carried out, say $/6000
What's the exchange rate between pounds and dollars? I'm figuring something about $4500 USD for 6000 British pounds? That seem right Brookfield?


In any case, are these actual diamonds, because I was under the impression diamonds came from the earth, not by human remains that are super-heated then processed.
Jenox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 01:57 PM   #27
muz
Golden Master
 
muz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 6,928
Default Re: Diamonds from your dead relatives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenox

In any case, are these actual diamonds, because I was under the impression diamonds came from the earth, not by human remains that are super-heated then processed.
diamonds are just carbon and so is the ash left and so by compressing it and heating it you form diamond
__________________
Desktop-AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+-2GB Elixer DDR2 800 250gb+500gb+500gb+120gb
Laptop-Apple Macbook Pro 13" Intel core i5(2.3ghz) 4gb Ram 320gb hard drive
muz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 02:08 PM   #28
BSOD
 
Jenox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,156
Default Re: Diamonds from your dead relatives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by muz379
diamonds are just carbon and so is the ash left and so by compressing it and heating it you form diamond
Hmm didn't know that. Thanks for the info, pretty interesting thing it is.
Jenox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 02:15 PM   #29
Golden Master
 
Brookfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 10,056
Default Re: Diamonds from your dead relatives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenox
What's the exchange rate between pounds and dollars? I'm figuring something about $4500 USD for 6000 British pounds? That seem right Brookfield?, in any case, are these actual diamonds, because I was under the impression diamonds came from the earth, not by human remains that are super-heated then processed.
They are true diamonds, the ashes have minute particles of silicone, the basis of diamonds, as to the exchange rate the & $ are near parity.
Brookfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 04:57 PM   #30
Fully Optimized
 
ownage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 4,404
Default Re: Diamonds from your dead relatives.

really? I thought the pound was worth than the dollar. It was like 1.9 pounds to the dollar or something like that.
__________________

ownage is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0