Desk Prototype (Ultimate Desk Stage 2)

Or flip the case...

If you're gonna build this desk, you should really make it furniture quality. It'd look 100 times better, and wouldn't cost much more.

Ehh, the only person who will ever see the computer is me, so it wouldn't really matter which way the case opened up as far as windows goes. The only reason the 1200 is in the proto design is because it's one of the largest cases out there, and I thought I'd see if it fit. Like I said, I've seen some pretty nice full towers that aren't the 1200.

I'm going to try my best to give this more of an actual furniture feel instead of a weekend project. I'm probably going to use some sort of dark wood stain or lacquer to really make it stand out, as well as doors on that cabinet area possibly. I'm also considering hard mounting some lighting to the desk, Like this, but I'm not too sure if I'd gain anything from that.

All this desk-building talk makes me want to fire up the CAD program and design one, too. xD

I need a good corner desk for the new room.

My current desk (which is also a corner) has legs in the same spot as that design. So I don't think there's a problem there.

Back
Top Bottom