The Democrats: Who fails and who succedes? - and why

Status
Not open for further replies.
Woodrow Wilson - failure - ended a war and started another

Huh? Started another war? He was against the excessive reparations on Germany which is the reason why Germany was so pissed off. He also created the League of Nations which was a precursor to the UN.

Franklin D. Roosevelt - succesful - freed from depression

Most people won't criticized one of the most celebrated presidents in US history but I think his protectionism policies led us deeper into the depression. He also was very influential and grabbed as much power as he can. If he lived longer, I think he would have grabbed even more.

I'm not pouring totally into this, but I do think you are missing some key facts.

Franklin D. Roosevelt - succesful - freed from depression

lie.

the only thing that freed he country from depression was a big war.

public spending projects like the hoover damn etc were a reasonable move, it at least got people working instead of being demotivated and sitting about etc. but it wasn't effective enough...

luckily there was a massive war.

I'm not saying that the guy wasn't a good president, or didn't take good steps, but to say that he was great enough to lift the country out of depression is just a lie.

As for the book, there clearly is not a book.

We're not even half way through his term.
there would not have been enough time to write, edit, and publish a book.

Or maybe there is a book because it's clearly not been edited very well?

no real text book is going to write anything like that...

perhaps this is actually just a republican newsletter that's handed out in the street?

BTW, eve if they are folded and stapled, they don't count as books.

I'm actually surprised that a school would give out such homework as list the Presidents in order from best to least. I thought they are supposed to teach you to not judge people..

I would never even chose to do that assignment.

He gave us the name of the book in his 44 best to worst thread:

aPanzerIV said:
Well, Im doing this off of my History book: Lifepac 8-- Series 2005 Edition

Link: http://www.computerforums.org/showpost.php?p=1031667&postcount=16

Being from 2005 Obama wouldn't even be listed as a president as Bush's second term would still have 3 years to go.

Thread closed for epic failure. I do not want to see another one of these.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom