this is dell for you

Checkout their XPS 630, if you tried building it yourself you wouldn't be able to do it for much cheaper, not to mention with the difference you can get warranty and customer support. The price difference is about 250 dollars, between if you built it yourself to if you let Dell do it for you. That 250 goes into a warranty, getting your stuff replaced if something goes wrong, and having someone to blame when something goes wrong with your computer other than yourself, I'd say that's not too bad of a prospect.
My friend had a XPS notebook that after a year or so of use began overheating, it was one of the older red models that sported a 7900GTX, he sent it back, and Dell repaired it for him, but the problem surfaced again, the second time he sent it back he never saw his laptop again, instead they sent him a new top of the line notebook the XPS M1710 Smoke, I'd say that's helluva customer support.

ya good point, i was thinking more about the tip top of the line xps's, like the 4k range, the pricing on those is just insane compared to the cost of building one, but ya i def. hear ya on the lower priced ones, dell really isnt that bad for the typical computer user, but for people like us who like to tinker, change parts and upgrade, dell isnt the way to go...

(i just responded on a dell 8300 :p, surprisingly this 2.6ghz p4 is running vista premium just fine)

wow, speaking of dells i have one in the office right now, tha im fixing(im on the laptop) it was a mess the case was covered in dust and it wouldnt even boot up so i couldent back up the persons data, now im reformatiing and its taking forever

Back
Top Bottom