Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 08-04-2007, 01:54 AM   #1
Golden Master

Default Dell service

OMG, my laptop is finally coming after like 2.5 weeks of waiting. What's up with that?!?! I just hope the rest of their support aren't like that--a long delay. Now I have to wait another 5 days for it to arrive since the stupid weekend is coming up. That sucks big time. So I'm looking at 3 weeks just to get a stupid laptop in my hands (from Dell manufacturing to my house). Unbelievable!!!!!

They had better hope that I really like their laptop. Otherwise, I will NEVER go with Dell ever again!!!!

Anyone have similar bad experience with them? This wait is ridiculous....

Oh and get this. It's being delivered by the most UNRELIABLE CARRIER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DHL!!! OMFG, I hate them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!! I've had several bad experiences with DHL from the past. Now I'm worried. F****** Dell!!!!! That's what I get for buying a cheap laptop. I get cheap service.

Old 08-04-2007, 10:02 AM   #2
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to Rubber314Chicken
Default Re: Dell service

at least it isn't coming via ups. you would have a laptop in 3 or 4 pieces. and yea, their customer support SUCKS!!!! but the computer's arn't that bad.

Old 08-04-2007, 12:03 PM   #3
Fully Optimized

Send a message via MSN to ssc456

hmmmmm ithought ud have more sense than to go with dell.....

o well look forward to seeing your threads with your new found problems lol..

nah im only joking dell are similar to pc world some people have no problems with them and therfore like them but others or the majority have loads of problems with them and absolutely hate them lol.

but good luck wiuth your new lappy

wots the spec of it ?

Dont Eat Animals, Its Not Good For Them And They Dont Like It!
ssc456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 12:08 PM   #4
BSOD

Send a message via MSN to Rudster816

wow 3 weeks for a laptop that pretty bad. i will probably have my PSU RMAed in a little more than a week with newegg.
Rudster816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 12:31 PM   #5
Fully Optimized

I just ordered a nice little desktop computer for my brother last week, it came in like four days, I was fairly surprised.
| AMD 3800+ X2 Dual Core Processor | ASUS A8N-e nF4 Ultra | Hitachi Deskstar 250gb 3.0 gb/s | 1gb Corsair Value RAM 2x512 | eVGA geforce 6800GS | sound blaster live! 24-bit | NZXT Trinity Classic chassis | OCZ GameXStream OCZ700GXSSLI PSU |
I was there. In the networking forum for the first time, and it was because.. of 341
kchi55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 12:41 PM   #6
Golden Master

I've already put the specs in my sig already. I've worked on Dells before but never owned one because my work has a lot of Dells. Their corporate customer service is really good though, suprisingly, so different compared to their regular customer support.

The fact they're taking so long to get that shipped out to me says a lot about their company. I don't know. Maybe it's because I had it so highly customized, hence the delay. I tweaked just about every config there is on there but at the same time, I didn't want to go too high on the price.
Old 08-04-2007, 03:10 PM   #7
Fully Optimized

3 weeks?! wtf.
on my friends dell, it had much btr specs than require to run starcraft and it overheated while playin and we had to reboot. starcraft can be played with about 64 ram and 900 mhz and his 3.0 ghz and 512 mb ram overheated on that. thats crazy.
spywarebanisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 03:15 PM   #8
Golden Master

Yeah, I know. But I finally got confirmation that it's being shipped by stupid DHL. It actually took about 2 weeks, but I estimate another week for delivery. If you know DHL, they suck ballz. As bad of a rep UPS has been getting, they are looking pretty good compared to DHL. I've had like 3 things delivered from them before. All were bad experiences, can you believe that? They don't get the information straight. Twice, my package was delivered to the wrong address. Good thing I had the printout of my order and I didn't mistyped anything. Showed it to DHL and they were apologetic. Third time, they had my package on hold because it was too big. WTF was that all about? It's a damn car bumper, lol!!!!!! F***** DHL. I want to blow up their headquarters. Crap, now I sound like a terrorist.
Old 08-04-2007, 06:26 PM   #9
Fully Optimized

With my experiences with Dell (all my computers in my house are Dell) they give a far out delivery date, but then it arrives like a week or more earlier than that date. You might have just hit a bad time with the backlog of the manufacturing, because they custom build it and test it and install all of the software.

But I haven't always had good luck. On one computer I ordered, they put the wrong video driver on, and I had to fix it *MYSELF*!!! They wouldn't even link up to it remotely like they do and fix it!!! Apparently one of the techs didn't know the difference between ATI and nVidia . So mostly Dell has been good to me, but there have been issues.

Edit: Easy there, ISOwner, don't get any crazy ideas.........

http://www.yourpcforums.org
Computer Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 06:31 PM   #10
muz
Golden Master

Well its prolly taking so long cos you customized it . cos i have ordered a desktop from dell with just there plain stock no customizations and it arrived withing a week but then my friend ordered the same model but upgraded the ram , the hard drive , the processor and the optical drive and his took 3 weeks as well to be built and delivered