Deep Impact Mission...

setishock

Wizard of Wires
http://deepimpact.jpl.nasa.gov/home/index.html

If you don't have NASA TV then you can see the images from the space craft in almost real time. The medium resolution images will be released to the public as they come down. The high resolution images will be available in a couple of days according to the controller team spokesman. Now those I want to see.
Deep Impact is starting right now On NASA TV.

EDIT: Deep Impact Web Cast at this link. History is about to be made. Don't miss it...

http://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/nasatv/index.html

I will pay close attention to that as well as the launch of Discovery on July 13th.

Finally after two years, the adventures into space continues. THey need to get that space station built so we can start making plans for the new orbiter and moon missions. Then off to Mars again (manned mission).

I hope I live to see that happen or at least get settled on the moon (before I die from car accident or some unfortunate death). Isn't the space station suppose to be completed by 2010? Too bad there were so many delays. If everything went the way they were suppose to, the deadline would have been much sooner. Funding, accidents, etc.

I'm wondering, how in the crap did the people in the 60's do the more advanced missions? So many moon landings compare to the zero we have now, Mercury, Gemini, Apollo missions. Man, those were truly the days. I wish I could have been part of that experience. Now, it seems like its deadlocked. Hopefully now, there will be no more interuptions and get the STS-114 crew on the road!!!!

Trd, the one big reason for many delays is because there are incompatiblities in software and hardware (take American hard-ware and their European counterparts).

Even moon landings are in the distant future.. they say it won't happen for at least 5-8 years we set our resources to it now.

I think money was also the next big issue too. It looks like Bush is pretty eager to get the space program back on its feet from a press conference I saw awhile back.

Back
Top Bottom