Declaration of intent

Brookfield

Golden Master
I have been getting a lot of hostility, 90% guilty as charged, I admit that, yes, I know, I can't deny that, the complaints have been, in part about multi-posting, about which, may I make point, I was told that I shouldn't have made several posts in the gallery in 18 minutes, my point is many do this, I clicked to go there, saw some interesting pics, two or three, & posted, sometimes because I know the area where they live, sometimes about their looks, [complimentary] or in the case of "lanky big guy", about his height, I'm over 6', he replied, & I posted back, a lot of members do this, it's well known.

Right, I've already made some pledges, see my reply to UK31337's post yesterday, so all in all, I shall try my hardest to conform, knowing that you will be there, so feel free to remind me if I step off the straight & narrow, I feel a little like a criminal, although I don't think I should, outside of CF, it wouldn't even make the courts.

If there are those who sympathise with me a little, please say so.

Brookfield said:
I have been getting a lot of hostility, 90% guilty as charged, I admit that, yes, I know, I can't deny that, the complaints have been, in part about multi-posting, about which, may I make point, I was told that I shouldn't have made several posts in the gallery in 18 minutes, my point is many do this, I clicked to go there, saw some interesting pics, two or three, & posted, sometimes because I know the area where they live, sometimes about their looks, [complimentary] or in the case of "lanky big guy", about his height, I'm over 6', he replied, & I posted back, a lot of members do this, it's well known.

Right, I've already made some pledges, see my reply to UK31337's post yesterday, so all in all, I shall try my hardest to conform, knowing that you will be there, so feel free to remind me if I step off the straight & narrow, I feel a little like a criminal, although I don't think I should, outside of CF, it wouldn't even make the courts.

You'ev actually been doing a noticibly better job at being a mod recently.

Im with you. And i have noticed youve been doing a better job moderating lately, keep up the good work.

Brookfield said:

It's alright, we all make mistakes and nobody is perfect.

Just keep doing what you are doing, you're doing a good job. Don't be so hard on yourself.

just follow the rules and youll be fine.......... double posting is against the rules, thats the only reason why youve been getting some stick for it..

Some times we older folks get a tad bit impatient with those of the younger generation. We might from time to time lash out at the young. Treat them as if they don't have the sense God gave an icecube. But then there comes that divining moment when it dawns on the older, "Damn, I was just like that when I was their age and enjoyed every minute of it."
Some of us, young and older, have had personal events, good and bad, that shape who we are. We have to accept each other and find a common ground.
The younger may have a fresh new perspective on things but the older has the "Been there, Done that" advantage.

yeah, i didnt notice so much except in a couple threads, oh well, everyone does it, no harm done :)

mark thorpe said:
just follow the rules and youll be fine.......... double posting is against the rules, thats the only reason why youve been getting some stick for it..
I'll restrain from pointing out that it isn't in the rules, yes, I'll watch it in future but I'm not going to carry out my job any different as regards dealing with wrongdoers, I shall just do it politely & with quiet efficency, not flinching from my duties.

Back
Top Bottom