Debate: Human Cloning- Your thoughts/Ides?

No, this would cause to much of a genetic mix leading to and end of passably ALL humanity.

Its possible now to grow parts without having to grow a living human you know.
Ears have been reproduced, etc
an ear is skin and cartilage...
a heart is a living and complex organ,

we can grow ears in the backs or mice fair enough, and the mouse hosts the ear, and then we kill the mouse, because it's only a mouse, and harvest the ear.

we don't know that we could grow a heart in a jar, or on the back on an animal, thus the best bet is to probably keep using current technology, e.g. pig heart valves, and steroids to stimulate tissue growth.

If it was the EXACT same upbringing, then i'm pretty sure it would be the same!
you're shapes by your surroundings and what you see.

if you're standing next to your clone at the corner of a street, you turn and see a murder, they don't, your life has been shaped, theirs hasn't by that event... I think that it's literally impossible to get even genetically identical clones and for them to be the same person.

And by not doing stem cell research you are killing me. And I have feelings. Embryos don't.
That's actually a pretty widely debated point - no-one knows for sure whether embryos feel pain or not.

if you're standing next to your clone at the corner of a street, you turn and see a murder, they don't, your life has been shaped, theirs hasn't by that event... I think that it's literally impossible to get even genetically identical clones and for them to be the same person.
I agree - it could even be simpler than that! One seeing anything that was different to the other, talking to anyone who was different to the other - anything like this could set off a change...

Does anyone here remember as an embryo feeling anything?

does anyone remember if they were breast fed or bottle fed?
does anyone remember the ward that they were born on?
does anyone remember their first words?
does anyone remember their first birthday?
does anyone remember their first Christmas?

In short, no.

Infantile amnesia takes care of that, even if you were to have felt anything, remembering it to be able to say that you had would be a completely different story...

Just because you don't remember it, doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Does anyone here remember as an embryo feeling anything?
What root said. Or to flip it on its head, does anyone here remember as an embryo NOT feeling anything?

Back
Top Bottom